April 2023

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Gipfelstuermer

April 2023

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:56 pm

Final PDF
April 2023

Races can only take place if somebody designs them. Please help design :-)

Proposed changes to the PDF
-Final-

Races to be designed:
Tour de Romandie

Races to be checked:
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Gipfelstuermer

Re: April 2023

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:53 pm

Do you remember what sort of participation we had, when the standard was 5 editions per day? Probably we are not there yet, but seeing today with 6 editions we have pretty good numbers as compared to 4 editions per day, it could be worth thinking about it.

Would start doing that with low category one day races without a stage race in parallel. If it works well, consider it for higher categories. To have 5 editions when there are parallel races, we need many more players of course.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:43 pm

Comments on times:

Pais Vasco and Romandie only 3 each, like Catalunya. No early evening Pais Vasco, last year afternoon, 21 morning missed, so the early evenings turn.
Same deal for Romandie, after early evening and morning missing in 21-22 it's the afternoon's turn to miss.

With growing numbers, and only Schelde respectively nothing important at all parallel, maybe 4 editions would have been ok, but somewhat fair to have the early evening and the afternoon miss a cat 4 stage race too, after all the morning misses Catalunya.

As for Sicilia, would fit in perfectly, but I'm not designing. And since I see "design the things that haven't been designed yet" as part of my job description (April my last month, resigned for May, perfect time with new tools coming) which for example led to RKL designing 30 races for March (with number 31 waiting) don't want it in UNLESS other people design Sicilia AND at least another stage race. Somebody just designing Sicilia so it's in wouldn't help, since then the stage race this guy would maybe have designed instead will then just fall on me..... So unless until the 25th we have enough volunteers for this... it will be out. I plan to be dictatorial in my last month! Maybe I'll get fired then, good too :lol:
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:57 am

If you need profiles from the old editor in the new one (for same or similar courses from the previous years), I can copy them kind of manually, just let me know which one.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:32 am

Can we get one of the tours on early evening at 19h instead of 18h?

tour of alps on 19h looks good because you have fleche wallone at 18h.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:17 am

I also prefer 19 over 18
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:44 pm

Tour de Romandie ... really no afternoon competition???

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:52 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:57 am
If you need profiles from the old editor in the new one (for same or similar courses from the previous years), I can copy them kind of manually, just let me know which one.
gp_indurain22
gp_limburg22
rvv22
gp_schelde22
paris_camembert22
roubaix22
brabant22
besancon22
juracycliste22
amstel22
fleche_wallone22
lbl22
GIP MASTERPLAN

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:25 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:43 pm
Comments on times:

Pais Vasco and Romandie only 3 each, like Catalunya. No early evening Pais Vasco, last year afternoon, 21 morning missed, so the early evenings turn.
Same deal for Romandie, after early evening and morning missing in 21-22 it's the afternoon's turn to miss.
When is it time for late evening to miss? Late evening wasn't affected once in last three years with this planning, so next year no late evening tours in april at all?
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:30 pm

Late evening has generally had the best participation by far. It went down in the worst moments of c4f, so while for a while when there were parallel tours we could offer both in the evening (20-23) (so for example race a) 9-18-22, race b) 15-21) that then wasn't possible anymore either. But still participation too good compared to the 3 other main times to cancel something.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Schnuggeritos

Post by Schnuggeritos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:23 am

Today the stages of Giro di Sicilia were announced. I can design the four stages but as I'm new to it i would like to have someone to recheck it.

----------placeholder for one-day races----------
Last edited by Schnuggeritos on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schnuggeritos

Post by Schnuggeritos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:04 pm

Giro di Sicilia is done. As these are my first races I disgned I ask you to recheck.

Stage 1, 158 km, Mintact 140

Stage 2, 193 km, Mintact 180

Stage 3, 150 km, Mintact 140

Stage 4, 215 km, Mintact 184

Schnuggeritos

Post by Schnuggeritos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:42 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:43 pm
[...] don't want it in UNLESS other people design Sicilia AND at least another stage race. Somebody just designing Sicilia so it's in wouldn't help, since then the stage race this guy would maybe have designed instead will then just fall on me [...]
I can do even more but as I will be on holiday next week I might be able to design races for end of April. Maybe one or two for the first two weeks. Is there any 'current' status for all planned races? Do we need real ones or some fantasy races?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:02 pm

Excellent, so Sicilia should be in.
Fantasy races are ALWAYS needed.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:14 pm

If there are fantasy races you want me to copy from the old editor, let me know, I just need the name (the one from the profile picture).

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:04 pm

The question is: Is the new upload tool ready or not?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:27 pm

So changes that would be in right now:

Sicilia 10-17-21, category 2
Brabant; 9-14-18-22 (had no times, since I forgot it)
Alps: 19 instead of 18

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:50 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:04 pm
The question is: Is the new upload tool ready or not?
It will be. Not implemented, but very simple. It'll be just pressing a "Publish" button in the race editor and the race will automatically move to the regular calendar.

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:33 am

Is it possible to get more 22-23 and midnight races in April please. 21h is kind of a late "early evening" time.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:12 am

If somebody else wants to test the new calendar tools and design the Tour of the Alps (profile available on flammerouge), let me know. Otherwise, I could do it.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:07 pm

Checked GP Limburg. New Route. New KOMs. New everything. Grrrrr, so re-did the whole thing.

Two Laps. 3 KOMs each:
Bergenhuizen +5
Gulperberg +5 (was the same before)
Mheetelindje +4

Siebs:
Camerig +8 +1 +4 +3
De Planck Crindaal +6 +1

Detailed Profile: see in game editor

Mintact: Km180

Editions: suggest 15-20 for GP Limburg and 10-18-22 for GP Indurain in parallel.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:34 pm

With everybody designing like wild there will be nothing left once I get to it :D Excellent.

Limburg Indurain?

Friday: Criqueilion 43
Saturday Monte Paschi 42

Fr: 29
Sa: 22
While PN and TA parallel

Fr Handzame 53
Sa: MSR 52

So even in 2 cases that the Saturday race was MUCH more important than the Friday race, we had basically equal participation.

So no, don't think a good idea to try 5 editions on a Saturday (when less people ride but theoretically more people should be flexible to choose another time) Weekdays fantasy race is the better time to try the 5 edition thing again)

cataracs wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:33 am
Is it possible to get more 22-23 and midnight races in April please. 21h is kind of a late "early evening" time.
23 was tried again lately, think was very low in 2022, possibly offered already more in 23 than 22...., went ok, so yes, should be more. Midnight, can try... but that really then would have to be 5 times.

21 is not really late early evening...
January
16 races 22+
23 at 20-21
February
17 at 22+
15 at 20-21
March:
19 at 22+
12 at 20-21

Of course depends on tours where how many are at each time, but this month with Tirreno at 21 and Catalunya at 22 if anything it's 22+ that maybe is a bit over represented? But then 21 gets Harelbeke, De Panne and Gent-Wevelgem parallel to Catalunya, so probably kind of ok.

With 5 editions easier to regularly have 22-23-(24), but IMO we need more teams back to go there regularly.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:48 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:34 pm
With everybody designing like wild there will be nothing left once I get to it :D Excellent.
You scared the shit out of us with leaving the calendar role. So currently less development for me but more designing. Even Alk designs now. Great for the designing, but we need developers to focus on developing in the long run. Hope that we have enough designers then. If the in-game editor is great, that can help of course. So we'll keep working on that.

Anyway, Checked GP Miguel Indurain. Just one additional IS compared to last year.

Mintact: Km190
Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:34 pm
Weekdays fantasy race is the better time to try the 5 edition thing again)
Mmmh, you are probably right. The 6 editions Milano Torino and Nokere worked well but was a Wednesday, so ok, let's stay with 4 on the weekend for now.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:10 pm

Well, I leave the calendar role for May, was ready for another month of lots of designing :D
And thought I still do the usual designing clean up, even if the put online tool is ready before (and it looks like it will be) and you then can already take over the putting online stuff.... but I take responsibility for the design "clean-up" (which meant almost everything often...) one last month. April.

I think designing will be ok, I still plan to design, with the new editor that has no password problems, and is just one click away, with more players, more people should start designing too, will be ok, no need to panic.

As for Indurain: Just added an intermediate? Have to say it's rather bad form then to change the signature from RKL to Gip. You didn't design it, you re-saved it. I only ever added RKL if there was a sizeable contribution to the design, not simple resaving and an intermediate, or change of GPM categories etc. Since in this case you changed the mintact too (bad form as well) leave it at Gip, I don't want to be suspected of such bad mintacts!

Same thing (and this one I actually mind more)for RVV 2022 it seems. You corrected the Koppenberg after we had to redo Flanders a day (or even 2?) later due to the big badaboom.... now it's RKL+Gip? Seriously? You know how long it takes to design that shit? How many different sites you have to check to come up with something sensible (but by no mean right, there's x ways of designing all these hellingen, x ways o rating all these cobblestones)? And now we did it together? Thanks a lot for all the help then....

Anyway, I'll restart my designing tomorrow with RVV assuming that isn't done yet by then.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:11 pm

Checked RVV. I simply did chronologically.

New start in Bruges, so different 137km run up to the Oude Kwaremont with Huisepontweg in that.

After that, identical to last year. As far as I can see. Maybe RKL can be nice and double-check that? As you have the experience from last year.

Mintact: Km218

Edit, RKL post in the meantime: Of course I change the signature and the mintact to steal your work ! No, come on, ... it just comes up new in the new editor, automatically shows Gipfelstuermer, so didn't think about putting RKL but of course can do that as you wish. (Last year different story, emergency changes as the server crashed etc.. just put in rkl gip there to show that i changed it ! Otherwise you will criticize the intransperancy for sure...). Same with mintact, automatically comes up km1, so put in whatever I thought in that moment. You can change it (can you? Am not sure actually) or comment here of course. I always put the mintact in the forum to encourage discussion instead of hiding it. So you have back your signature on all three races now. No need to worry about that.
GIP MASTERPLAN