April 2023

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: April 2023

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 pm

Achterberg out, Molenberg in is another change.

And for future designers of course it's helpful if you document changes in hills and pavé in the Belgium classics thread. Huisepontweg at *** is different from in the past or at Dwars next week. Btw, It's not by chance that that isn't online yet, there's pavé stretches that could use a second opinion. And ideally we would have the Huisepontweg with identical ratings in different races in one season/year.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:37 am

Realize should have posted in Classiques Belges for RVV... Anyway, here the additions vs 22. Took ratings from the Classiques Belges thread. Better to be consistent.

Huisepontweg **
Korte Ast *
Eikenberg ** instead of Achterberg

Signature remains RKL.

Molenberg was in last year, too, so I assume you meant Eikenberg.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:41 pm

Eikenberg yes yes, sorry. Wasn't sure which one anymore, decided maybe Mo, but was Ei, to lazy to check again. Think it was being repaired a year ago? Or maybe the approach? Some construction repair going on anyway.

And changing stuff is ok too but needs to be documented.

Signature: Are you trying get it wrong every time on purpose? Here the signature very obviously should include you. :roll: You spent time, presumably you looked at the Huisepontweg, you looked for differences between 22+23. That's not a 1' thing, That's work, we want to know who to praise or blame for the design.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:35 pm

Trying to figure out how it works exactly from the race editor, trying Fleche Wallonne.

So no need to design that for others... (unless I fail)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:03 pm

Done with new editor... heights etc should be ok... all the rest doubtful, not used to this editor yet...
Mintact before the second last Mur de Huy, so 156km

Bear

Post by Bear » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:17 pm

Very nice work of you all. I dont have time to read all the details of new editor but good that it works. It's just my eyes or the profiles look a little different now?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:06 pm

Schnuggeritos wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:04 pm
Giro di Sicilia is done. As these are my first races I disgned I ask you to recheck.
Finally checked, sorry for the delay...

Didn't check too precisely, only looked at la Flamme Rouge

Biggest problem: Barcellona, not Bacrellona on stage 4! Baccialona Pizzuatu or something then in the profile (not title) Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto is correct

Rest:
Final km:
Stage 2 on la flamme rouge a 0. The file often ends at xxx, 5 km or so. so always good to check on la flamme rouge how the last km is. Top right. Maybe their site is more precise (la flamme rouge is not perfect either), didn't check there.
Stage 3 more a 5 then a 4 according to la flamme rouge. 47 meters up. But here 4 is ok too, after all it's up after flat, it will not be selective in reality, 4 captures that better than 5, so ok
Stage 4: more 4 than 3 37 meters up.

Again, all flamme rouge, their site maybe has other info, that IMO then usually takes precedence.
Rest to me looks all good, didn't change anything in the design just comments, apart from butchering that name nothing enormously problematic.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:48 pm

RKL will do Paris Roubaix.. but not today most likely.

Schnuggeritos

Post by Schnuggeritos » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:50 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:06 pm
Finally checked, sorry for the delay...
Biggest problem: Barcellona, not Bacrellona on stage 4! Baccialona Pizzuatu or something then in the profile (not title) Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto is correct

Misspelled. Shame on me. This change can only done by an admin as the tour was already planned.
Baccialona Pizzaottu is the Sicilian name. I chosed this as Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto was to long for title and for profile.
If the "long" name should be used i can change it in the profile.
Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:06 pm
Rest:
Final km:
Stage 2 on la flamme rouge a 0. The file often ends at xxx, 5 km or so. so always good to check on la flamme rouge how the last km is. Top right. Maybe their site is more precise (la flamme rouge is not perfect either), didn't check there.
Stage 3 more a 5 then a 4 according to la flamme rouge. 47 meters up. But here 4 is ok too, after all it's up after flat, it will not be selective in reality, 4 captures that better than 5, so ok
Stage 4: more 4 than 3 37 meters up.

Again, all flamme rouge, their site maybe has other info, that IMO then usually takes precedence.
Rest to me looks all good, didn't change anything in the design just comments, apart from butchering that name nothing enormously problematic.
Tbh I used the gpx of la flamme rouge. Not really sure why there are these differences. Will check it later and give an update in the editor chat.
Regarding the name in the title I need support of an admin as written above. If Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto should be used I will change it ASAP as well

Edit: totally forgot to say thanks for your feedback. Sorry 😅

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:23 pm

It's nothing major, but thought I mention it since I finally, way too late, looked at it. Don't think anything needs to be changed

Sicilian name is excellent. Bacrellona less, but only the 3 guys who will have it in their palmares will mind. Make sure not to win that stage.

The final km is not big deal either, 0, +1, those starting will know it, 4 instead of 5 probably actually simulates the finish better and 3 instead of 4 after that stage will make no difference.

How it happens: For example: Stage is 100.200 meters long. GPX file has that length. But it will read in exactly 100 km. So our finish line is 200 meters early, nothing we can do about that. So the real last km is from 99.200 to 100.200, let's say it goes up, 50 meters there, very regular 10 meters every 200 meters. So in reality a 5%. From 99.0 to 99.20 in reality it's flat. So from 99.0 to 100.0 we go up 40 meters=4%, from 99.2to 100.2 it's 50 meters, so 5%. That's why it's helpful to check out the small flamme rouge profile on the top right (sometimes you have to change the "type of profile") to see how the "real" last km is. Or for (hopefully) more precision, sometimes the homepage of the race itself, they sometimes have the last 3 km there.

But in the end here it's no big deal.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:08 pm

Paris-Roubaix done.
1 km longer than last year, 2 sectors gone, 1 new, 1 km longer
Mintact 204
Didn't bother to check if the rating on the different pavé sectors changed.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:50 pm

Will do LBL later today.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:12 pm

Little differences to 2022 here and there, real race. Roche au Faucons the same, but from 10-4 changed to 4 10. Neither is right since it's really 1.4 -1.5 at 9+...
259 km, so 1 too long, 258 in reality.
Mintact 224, before the Redoute. Still in "review", not approved in case I missed important stuff.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:31 pm

Doing Amstel, not sure I finish today.... trying to figure out the differences to 22 first...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:09 pm

Done, different first 75+ km, then almost the same, shorter between 2 climbs is all I found.

So copied from 2022
Realized we never did any documenting for this race, what is how, so not doing it this year either, but we might consider reviewing it in the future.

253 km, mintact 210

Same, review, but not approved, just in case I make a mistake.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:12 pm

All the rest not on la flamme rouge yet...

Schelde probably the decisive part the same, maybe new start, should be fast to design once it's on la flamme rouge.
Besancon different, but end looks the same, should be fast too.
Brabant no idea yet, one thing to discuss is what Gipfel proposed last year, upgrading the pavé, since "nothing happens" there at c4f. I disagree with the nothing happens, quite often attacks go there at c4f, but can be discussed of course. Ideally before the month change

Anyway, see first post for what remains to be designed

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:59 pm

Ok, now approved Amstel, LBL, FW and Roubaix, probably a click less for putting in online.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:42 pm

Designing Schelde

Slightly longer, otherwise the same, except that now we have the tunnel more correctly, starts with a 1.2 km 4.5% descent!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:37 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:23 pm
Sicilian name is excellent. Bacrellona less, but only the 3 guys who will have it in their palmares will mind. Make sure not to win that stage.
Fixed the name, will publish the race now.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:04 pm

Brabant and Camembert finally on in la flamme rouge, will do today. Brabant exactly the same actually.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:21 pm

212 km, mintact 176.

Details see in the belgian classics thread.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:33 pm

166 km, mintact 136, think did the race editor, for some reason it doesn't show that name. (Haven't understood yet exactly why it keeps going back and forth with the names...)

Forgot the length, 30 km mintact anyway. Not very well designed, got tired of the clicking... so the 2 climbs at the end, Malate and Montfaucon, which are the same except that at the finish the last 500 or so meters are different, look different. And different from last year too.

Besancon or Besançon? Seems special characters ok, but let Gip/Alk/AAD change it it's indeed possible.

Both races have annoying "golden km", I suppose it's that thing with 3 sprints, so that's what I did, but didn't find anything useful on their site if it is indeed like that (that's how it started in the stupid Benelux, BinckBank, whatever thing years ago as far as I know)

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:55 am

Race for tomorrow still in status planned
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:36 pm

Tour du Doubs, there was no event, but since it's the correct name probably we don't need one?

201 km, from 170 km mintact. Easy race, last climb lots of 6, finish a 2

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 pm

Romandie started

Didn't change the already prepared stage names..., classification etc not either. Not sure if that's good like that, the - before the starting place looks weird. Ah, changed now, took out the 23 after Romandie, not needed, it's immediate Donks-trigger to put that in a stage name!

7 km prologue

169 km, mintact from km 140, classified as flat on la flamme rouge, so same here

163 km, mintact at 132. Hilly

All 3 rather low quality design I fear, if somebody feels like a review might be worth it. But I know nobody will feel like one...

Will try to do the remaining 3 stages tomorrow, not 100% sure I have time.
After that I won't have time for any designing for 10 days