October 2022

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Gipfelstuermer

Re: October 2022

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:44 am

Improved PDF posted.

Not final yet, but for the moment with Langkawi.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:55 pm

Should be finalized tomorrow, unless there's a sudden wave of ideas....
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:52 pm

Langkawi has 6 flat stages, 2 mountain stages this year
one of those flat stages will have a +6 just 9km before the finish
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:47 pm

I will start with the happy designing on Monday most likely.

Races to be designed added in first post:

Emilia, Bernocchi, Lombardia new too (very small changes in 2 cases) but I will design those on Monday, so not in the list.
Tre Valli Varesine to me looked exactly the same as 21, so not there either.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:12 pm

starting Langkawi with a Roby-Mintact because +8 29km before the finish
profile: http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... ension=c4f
type: flat
mintact: 127

mintact: 172

stage 3 first mountain points look very weird, but that is how they or on Flamme Rouge and i didn't find any other profile, so guess we need to stick with it for now and maybe re-check later
type: mountain
mintact:90

mintact:125

mintact: 165

mintact: 109

type: mountain
mintact: 75

mintact: 88
Last edited by lennylenny on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

rsv flaschbier

Post by rsv flaschbier » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:39 pm

Dear Mr. Donkey,
I tried to design and save Piemonte. Can you please have a look on the server, if the race is saved?
If it's there, feel free to use it. I set the no of riders to 8, but I have no info about this.

Ah, found it!
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... ension=png

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:55 am

Thanks.

A few little problems

1) Name, so that we can see the former winners (right now doesn't work) it has to be the same name as in the past. So not "Gran Piemonte" but just "Piemonte"
2) Altitude is a bit off, at the end around 30 meters. Use "recalculate elevation" and then adapt the percentages to make sure we're always close to the height of the GPX file. The column left is the GPX reading, the right is what we get at c4f, , Here not a big problem, lots flat road, so in the end 30 meters off, if it's more up and down sometimes the difference can be much higher. Rounding mistakes and if we have 10km down at 0.7% or so, the right column will have 10 times -1, so lose 100 meters while the left only loses 70... (actually basically what happens in this design)

These 2 things I can change myself too.. but of course you can change them yourself as well :D .

3) It's a classic, category 4, 10km mintact to me is a bit short.... but that's designer's decision so won't change that. You yourself could of course :idea: But as I said, designers decision.

cat 4, so will be 9 riders, but doesn't matter, this is something that can be changed when putting races online, directly in the online putting tool, so doesn't matter what's written there.

rsv flaschbier

Post by rsv flaschbier » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:32 am

Moin,
Sorry, but the last time I designed a race must be 10 years ago :-)
I'm not able to download a race from the server so I can't edit the race myself. I got the error message "language : D db extension db2 gran-piemonte-2022 extension2 c4f"
So:
1) and 2): not able to change it myself
3) on purpose. There are 40 flat kms at the end, so I think 10 kms Mintakt is enough.

I did Giro del Veneto too. Probably with the same problems. Mintakt starts right before the last hill :-)

Giro del Veneto:
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... ension=png

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:30 pm

rsv flaschbier wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:32 am
I'm not able to download a race from the server so I can't edit the race myself. I got the error message "language : D db extension db2 gran-piemonte-2022 extension2 c4f"
That's because it's not - but _! gran_piemonte_2022.c4f and it loads perfectly fine!

rsv flaschbier

Post by rsv flaschbier » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:38 pm

so langsam wird's was

9 riders, 196km, mintakt at km186

8 riders, 159km, mintakt before the last hill

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:44 am

Yep, good!

Now seems ok to me! A bit more info, places we pass would be nice but isn't necessary, it just looks nicer, but no need to add!

And I regard the PDF as final now, no more changes.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:03 pm

Emilia, same finishing circuit as always, same percentages for us too.

Bernocchi
Morazzone one more time, last passage closer to the finish than last year(s), only just over 30 km.

Lombardia route is not on on their website yet, only rumors on la flamme rouge, so not done yet, wait a bit more to be sure to get the right one.

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:04 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:03 pm

Lombardia route is not on on their website yet, only rumors on la flamme rouge, so not done yet, wait a bit more to be sure to get the right one.
Langkawi design complete for now (weird mountain cat on stage 3 needs a look later on) and Lombardia is now on official website and updated on Flamme Rouge, will start Lombardia now

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:07 pm

Lombardia complete, interestingly start and finish swapped compared to last year, checked official website for it
also very steep hills in the end, middle mountain maybe up for discussion

type: middle mountain
mintact: 223
Last edited by lennylenny on Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:10 pm

It's Bergamo-Como again, a while back they had made a deal to swap yearly between those cities, but then did Bergamo-Como 3 years in a row, its simply the better course. Last year Como-Bergamo, back to this one, but without the Muro di Sormano, probably they cut that because of the downhill where riders kept crashing. So harder finish, San Fermo-Civiglio-San Fermo, instead of "just" Civiglio-San Fermo

Anyway, check the Lombardia site for details on the climbs, RKL told me he's rather unhappy with some of them right now!

https://www.ilombardia.it/en/stage/bergamo-como/

Then click climb details!
Civiglio is 9.3-9.2-9.4-10.6 % on the 4 km, then another 200 meters at 6.7... so 9-9-9-11 as in 2018? or 9-9-10-11 as in 19+20, the 10 from 9.4 probably comes from trying to get the correct height? The only one a mess to read (didn't check that one) usually was the Madonna del Ghisallo. And check the "final kilometers" thing too!

Langkawi: What exactly do we need to look at in stage 3? If that's the way they categorize it... that's the way it is, no problem? But not sure, not checking Langkawi, I keep my powder for important things, Lombardia!!!!! Just tell me when Langkawi can be uploaded...

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:48 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:10 pm
It's Bergamo-Como again, a while back they had made a deal to swap yearly between those cities, but then did Bergamo-Como 3 years in a row, its simply the better course. Last year Como-Bergamo, back to this one, but without the Muro di Sormano, probably they cut that because of the downhill where riders kept crashing. So harder finish, San Fermo-Civiglio-San Fermo, instead of "just" Civiglio-San Fermo

Anyway, check the Lombardia site for details on the climbs, RKL told me he's rather unhappy with some of them right now!

Civiglio is 9.3-9.2-9.4-10.6 % on the 4 km, then another 200 meters at 6.7... so 9-9-9-11 as in 2018? or 9-9-10-11 as in 19+20, the 10 from 9.4 probably comes from trying to get the correct height? The only one a mess to read (didn't check that one) usually was the Madonna del Ghisallo. And check the "final kilometers" thing too!

Langkawi: What exactly do we need to look at in stage 3? If that's the way they categorize it... that's the way it is, no problem? But not sure, not checking Langkawi, I keep my powder for important things, Lombardia!!!!! Just tell me when Langkawi can be uploaded...
fine, will check Lombardia site, used Flamme Rouge for the climbs

for Langkawi: it just looks weird and only source i could find is Flamme Rouge, would prefer to wait a few days to see if i can find a different source later on to confirm it

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:23 pm

Robyklebt wrote:

for Langkawi: it just looks weird and only source i could find is Flamme Rouge, would prefer to wait a few days to see if i can find a different source later on to confirm it
GPM at km 55 looks a bit strange.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:54 am

Robyklebt wrote:

adjusted Lombardia to have same percentages as in 2019 when it is the same mountains, adjusted the other ones as best as i could with info from official website, also adjusted finish to be same as 2019

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:33 pm

Lombardia, wasn't necessary to copy, own interpretation ok too. But ok, I'll put it on.

Langkawi: Most likely la flamme rouge just put in in the wrong place and it should be on that bump just before? But designers decision in those cases, I'd like to put it on in 24-25-26 hours

Desiging Paris-Tours now.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:34 pm

Paris-Tours done:
Questions:

1)Dirt roads: Last year la flamme rouge gave them a rating which I copied. So it's from * to ***. This year no rating, respectively all *. What to do? Google street no help since there is nothing to see, I don't remember watching the race last year to be able to assess that somehow plus even if I had I doubt I could. Keep it? Change it all to *? But then it's like nothing in the end. And Paris Tours in the last years usually is not a sprint in reality (has to do with the declining quality of the start list too though) Strade Bianche method won't work, all under 2 km long. Do it by distance, everything over 1500m 1km at ** (would be 2 sectors out of 10), the rest *?
Right now as I said I kept the ratings from last year, new ones at *, everything other than * is shown in the profile.

2) climbs: Changed 2:
- Km 164, Côte Goguenne, 0.7 km a 7.2% la flamme rouge said, 5% last year, made it 6. Vlaanderen-principle
- Km 187 Côte de la Rochère 0.4 km a 10%, from 4 to 5
Same question, good, bad? Like last year or this better?

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:27 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:33 pm
Lombardia, wasn't necessary to copy, own interpretation ok too. But ok, I'll put it on.

Langkawi: Most likely la flamme rouge just put in in the wrong place and it should be on that bump just before? But designers decision in those cases, I'd like to put it on in 24-25-26 hours

Desiging Paris-Tours now.
designer decided to put it on that bump before, ready to be uploaded

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:45 pm

Binche done

Used to have 2 6%, down to 1, although it could be 2....

Final circuit, slightly different percentages (2 instead of 3) same finish of the circuit, 2*. But I cut the pavé in the last km, the cobblestones are split between the end and the start of the circuit, my measurement gave me 230 meters before the finish line, the rest (according to la flamme rouge 600m in total) after, so for 230m no pavé needed for me.

All designed stuff now on.
No extra pavé races this month, pavé tour is enough.
TTT on
Paris-Tours with as proposed above, even if I'm not really too sure it's the right way.... but ok, gravel same system at 21 then,

Missing in the early part of the month:
-Vendée on the 2nd, still not on la flamme rouge, on their site just a big map, not in the mood to design it from there today, maybe tomorrow. If not, then we will ride the 2021 edition, Vendée on the second, should be on on the 30st
-Paris-Bourges on the 7th, slight changes, 4km longer, somewhere early they ride differently, end with the siebhills all the same, tempted to put it on like this....

For the rest that is left to design, see first post, but only Veneto classic is on la flamme rouge.

Check for online mistakes as usual..

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:51 pm

checked Japan cup map on official website and compared with Flamme Rouge map of last year, exactly the same

checked Chrono des Nations on official website and compared same way as Japan Cup, they extended the route by 400m at the start, everything else exactly the same, extension means we are actually colser to the C4F profile from last year, so just use that one i guess

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:00 pm

Vendee, Japan Cup and Nations online, that's it before the month change. The few remaining real races when they become available and are designed then.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:47 am

In the end looks like Paris-Bourges is the same route? Looks different early on and 4 km longer on their site, but la flamme rouge the same as our version. And actually the track looks the same on the shitty Paris-Bourges site...

New route for Memorial Rik Van Steenbergen, completely flat, no pavé no nothing.

Only Veneto classic missing.