Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

lennylenny

Re: August 2022

Post by lennylenny » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:09 am

IDF wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:56 am
Tour of Norway designed tonight.

names for files :aronet1.c4f / aronet2.c4f / aronet3.c4f / aronet4.c4f
Stage 2 looks very wrong after km 70, checked the road on google maps and it is a tunnel through a mountain, not actually over the mountain
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:56 am

IDF wrote:

Why was this designed? And I'm afraid I require an answer.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:44 am

In the meantime the calendar is finalized.

See second post of the thread.

Changes from there:

Vuelta 9-15-19-22

Parallel classics time adjusted accordingly

21.08.22 10-14-18-21 GP Hamburg 5 9
28.08.22 10-14-18-21 Bretagne Classic 5 9

Ain 9th-11th 10-14-18-21

Arctic pending, waiting for an answer to my question.

No other changes.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

IDF

Post by IDF » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:52 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:56 am
IDF wrote:

Why was this designed? And I'm afraid I require an answer.
Like me when i asked for calendar stuff which implies a lot of managers?
So btw why I designed that? He's in august. At least if people want to have some tours, you have this on your side.
If they don't want, at least you have this for off season.
Let's reconsider the thing with the amount of managers who come back in rsf.

And other topics : considering i have time, tell me which kind of 1day races are we lacking currently. I'll try to design a bit.
[8:11:11 PM] SM: j'ai un bug la j'arrive plus a aller sur RFM

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:56 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:04 pm

See first post to see what is left to design for August. (not much online at least on la flamme rouge yet)
Sorry I am late. I have Eurometropole (Circuit Franco-Belge) ready.
If you like. If not, I can put it in my Fantasy-Thread.

ogo_franco_belge_2022.c4f
> Formerly known as ogopogo-racing < > ... doesn`t matter <

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:33 am

Laugen, excellent, thanks, was just going to start it myself!

I'll do Jef Scheerens later today then.

Post here, real races always posted here!

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:55 am

Eurometropole (Circuit Franco-Belge)

Two hills (+8) at the very first Kms. Rest is a flat race without difficulties (max +4).

Number of Riders 8 :?:
ogo_franco_belge_2022.c4f
> Formerly known as ogopogo-racing < > ... doesn`t matter <

IDF

Post by IDF » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:10 pm

Btw, some adjustements were made to the st.2 in Norway (the climb was too steep, some 47% and stuff.. in all trails while i followed the good road). No other changes.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:01 pm

IDF wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:10 pm
Btw, some adjustements were made to the st.2 in Norway (the climb was too steep, some 47% and stuff.. in all trails while i followed the good road). No other changes.
Tunnel

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:59 pm

Vuelta online.

Attention, it's only temporary! For form setting. Intermediates, classification of stages and GPM will be adjusted later, info not clear from the organizers yet. The Vuelta now online will be taken down on August 1st.

Some other races will come online later today too.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:10 pm

IDF wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:52 am
Like me when i asked for calendar stuff which implies a lot of managers?
Well, I was just respecting your wishes. You made it clear by demonstratively not answering any of my questions that you weren't interested in communicating with me. Ok, if you want, we do it like this, you wanted it, you got it, happy to serve.
IDF wrote:
So btw why I designed that? He's in august. At least if people want to have some tours, you have this on your side.
If they don't want, at least you have this for off season.
Let's reconsider the thing with the amount of managers who come back in rsf.
Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:35 pm

Tour de l'Ain or Arctic Race of Norway For the moment clearly out. Date wise fits, 09.-11. for Ain, 11.-14. Arctic, one of the 2 could be in.
Posted on the 14th of July (my timezone, possibly different yours) I wasn't going to design either, enough other stuff to design. Ask others to help design Pologne or the Vuelta, so that then after that we could add either of the 2.

No reaction by anybody. Great help by Lenny for Vuelta, but not much from others.
Robyklebt wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:26 am
Now with the Vuelta who should be finished tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.... if NOW somebody decides to design either ARctic or Ain, ok, put it in. Announce it until tomorrow. Then design it until at the very latest the 30st or 31st morning.
On the 24th. EITHER... OR.
Laugen says Ain, does it, posts it, you see it, even comment on it, (the whole quoting thing though is a bit unnecessary) then you decide to design ARctic. EITHER OR. What's the point? Maybe you're trying to help, but READ. READAin 9-11. Arctic 11-14 Overlap. That's why 1 of the 2. Is it that difficult to read instead of ... I have no bloody clue instead of what, what you are thinking or what. Just read.. Again, maybe you are trying to help, the result isn't really helpful, now with still low numbers, even if increasing, we have 2 parallel tours... Since you designed it, ok, going to put it in, but.. ..READ dammit, I don't post here for my own pleasure, it's meant ot be READ.
IDF wrote:
And other topics : considering i have time, tell me which kind of 1day races are we lacking currently. I'll try to design a bit.
Forget it. You do whatever you want, it's pointless to tell you stuff. See above, stuff there for everybody to read, you either don't or ignore it, so I'm going to save myself the energy of telling you that we need xxx just to have you design the opposite. Just wondering if you're doing it on purpose or you actually just don't read. The info what we need is written somewhere already, try to find it yourself. Or ask somebody else. Or have somebody else ask me.

Anyway, now we'll have 4 times Ain 9-11th, 10-14-18-21 and 2 times Arctic 11-14th. Times... 12-20? 12-23? 12 won't be popular, but .
Perfect, smaller groups, ideal, just what we need. We finally have 10 managers more, of course we need to dilute the races immediately. Great plan....

Other things:
Post your profiles directly. Copy image link in editor (left click on image, then chose). Post link here, make it image. Then changes are immediately seen.
Really unnecessary to quote whole posts, with all the profiles in it, with a long text, just makes the thread less readable.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:21 pm

IDF wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:36 pm

And btw : i've designed 1 fantasy tour and some races, still no ones on calendar. :)

And if you're unhappy or if the stuff calendar requires too much, ask someone to help you to handle this.

And since we're at it, mentioning that your tour (when was the last time we put a fantasy tour in the season?) and one day races weren't programmed yet, less than a week after you designed them, really takes a special kind of arrogance and sense of entitlement. :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:31 pm

Grote Prijs Jef Scheerens done.

Early pavé now, Mommaertstraat, 2 km. Mix between * ** *** seemed to me, some parts with new pavé, *, but then some parts that looked like *** too, and some **, so ** ** seemed right finally. Second pavé sector the same as in the WC last year, as I did at the time, I can't recognize shit on google street. But short, so * seems ok.

Laugenspitze, I renamed Franco Belge to "Eurometropole". That's the name we had for it in the past, so use the same one, so in theory we should see the former winners, with a new name doesn't work.

IDF

Post by IDF » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:56 pm

@Roby : Will not quote because too long but

1) thx for the piece of advice in the end, that's what I expect about you and your experience. I'm still quite new with all the stuff.

2) now the personal part :
I read it. And that's why i told (for Arctic) that you can keep it for last season.. or maybe later in the month. Considering (and you are right) the low numbers of managers, it's not a good idea to overlap 2 tours and as you said, that would be a bad idea.
But as i said before , you have possibilities.
People who don't ride grand tours are quite fucked up since a lot and ride some boring (and easy zzz) one day races.
Now that we have some managers back, maybe it'll be the time to reconsider the thing (if of course, the number of managers continues to increase)

And btw saying that this is useless to tell me X or Y things because i'll do another thing is a bad call btw.
You need guys to design because you can't do all alone (which is understandable), don't spite to the guys who want to help you . With this kind of game with me for sure, i'll have the " desire" to do the opposite.
Now i'm telling you once again that i'm willing to help in the design considering i have free time but you can't answer like that.
When i asked you some questions which were linked to the calendar, don't ignore them because that's me who asked it. I asked that for guys who are not riding tours (see above) etc. At least answer for them, not for me. As the main/key guy on the calendar stuff, that's not possible to act like this (at least for this important thing which the calendar is)

And btw for my personal tours and races : ofc i don't expect to have my fantasy tour on a season, i was more focused on the 1-day races because you needed it.

So btw, i'm still around for races to design soon.

Have a nice night

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:40 am

found Gpx for bretagne classic on the official page of the race, but there are two sections marked on the profile that i assume are pave, but no further info on that one, don't feel confident in designing it
http://www.grandprix-plouay.com/4-jours ... lassic.php

La Normande now has GPX on Flamme Rouge, but it is a very awkward 12.5km circuit, how would we design that one?
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:34 pm

On La Normande check the last edition we had. Might be the same. Just did myself, on mobile, took me forever. Seems to be the same? Doesn't mean it's good, more check if it's well designed..

But normally if we have 12.5 or so lap.. Up to the designer to decide how to do it. 12 km lap, 13 km lap, 25 km double lap...

Bretagne classic no pavé last time so probably new ..will look at it too later today

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:18 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:34 pm
On La Normande check the last edition we had. Might be the same. Just did myself, on mobile, took me forever. Seems to be the same? Doesn't mean it's good, more check if it's well designed..
it is nearly the same, just 3km extra at the start, so km 1 of 2021 is km 4 of 2022

2021 design seems to always have 13km laps, so it is longer than the real 2022 race anyway, maybe we just take that?

Romoc Riders

Post by Romoc Riders » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:26 pm

Hi. Not sure this is the right topic but i would like to know if we can keep the afternoon Vuelta at 14h, same as Le Tour.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:28 pm

Romoc: Too late. Calendar now fixed, 15h it is. We usually try to have the times decided by the 25th... preview is usually available in some form from the 15th, so try to check the times and calendar proposal earlier!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:30 pm

Lenny:

Couldn't figure out what the red stuff for Bretagne is either.. sooner or later it will become clear.

La Normande, sounds ok to me, close enough.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:42 pm

Mini Note: When you update Vuelta in August, name it "La Vuelta" like in previous years. That way it will appear in the "past editions" tab if we have that in the future again.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:53 pm

Note noted.

Bretagne online, the 2 gravel sectors no street view, but gravel, so *

Schaal Sels seems to be only 126 km this year, 11,47km lap they say, shorter lap. 126km, might turn out to be 121 for us. But all flat with one 0* every 11/12 km, but I wait for the gpx file....
Overijse if my flemish-reading (guessing really) got it right, similar but a bit different, 5 times a circuit at the end, but mostly the same hills as usual.
Zottegem and Hamburg couldn't find anything about 22...

Hilly pavé on
Flat pavé on
TTT on
TT on

Question about TTT and TT. Now that it can be ridden by all again, what's better? Go back to the old system? 1 day TT or TTT 4 editions? Or keep it like the last few months, 1 day 2 editions ITT, another day 2 editions TTT, so that people who don't want to ride it can ride something else if they have time? From September on....

I can see advantages for both, choice seems nice, but on the other hand it almost guarantees little groups for the TT/TTT... which means less money for the winners... so in a way I almost think going back to the old sytem, either-or once a month, but no other one day race might be better? Or 2 chances for the TT(T) teams to make money evens it out?

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:43 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:53 pm

Zottegem and Hamburg couldn't find anything about 22...

Hamburg has a map on the official site, but sadly no gpx
2022: https://www.cyclassics-hamburg.de/das-e ... ssics-pro/

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:11 am

I am pro choice on the time trial races topic!
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:21 am

Prefer the new system with the choise between TT and another stage on a day.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009