June 2022

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

June 2022

Post by Robyklebt » Tue May 17, 2022 7:08 pm

Maybe some day a PDF

All designed
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Re: June 2022

Post by Robyklebt » Tue May 17, 2022 7:12 pm

Until possibly a PDF surfaces, here a nice copy and paste preview

Wednesday 01.06.22
Thursday 02.06.22 Giro dell Appennino 2 8
Friday 03.06.22
Saturday 04.06.22 Heistse Pijl 2 8
Sunday 05.06.22 9+18 Dauphine 4 9 10-14-19-22 GP de Bruxelles 4 9
Monday 06.06.22 9+18 Dauphine 4 9 Ronde van Limburg 2 8
Tuesday 07.06.22 9+18 Dauphine 4 9
Wednesday 08.06.22 9+18 Dauphine 4 9
Thursday 09.06.22 9+18 Dauphine 4 9
Friday 10.06.22 9+18 Dauphine 4 9 Aargau 2 8
Saturday 11.06.22 9+18 Dauphine 4 9 Dwars dor Het Hageland 2 8
Sunday 12.06.22 9+18 Dauphine 4 9 15-21 Tour de Suisse 4 9
Monday 13.06.22 Elfensteden 2 8 15-21 Tour de Suisse 4 9
Tuesday 14.06.22 15-21 Tour de Suisse 4 9
Wednesday 15.06.22 Mont Ventoux 3 8 15-21 Tour de Suisse 4 9
Thursday 16.06.22 15-21 Tour de Suisse 4 9
Friday 17.06.22 15-21 Tour de Suisse 4 9
Saturday 18.06.22 15-21 Tour de Suisse 4 9
Sunday 19.06.22 15-21 Tour de Suisse 4 9
Monday 20.06.22
Tuesday 21.06.22
Wednesday 22.06.22
Thursday 23.06.22
Friday 24.06.22
Saturday 25.06.22
Sunday 26.06.22
Monday 27.06.22
Tuesday 28.06.22
Wednesday 29.06.22
Thursday 30.06.22

Dauphiné and TdS one day parallel. Which is good, so the parallel one day races will have better participation.

Times: 2 each is clear. Couple morning-early evening, and afternoon-evening are clear. Right now it's morning+EE Dauphiné, afternoon+E TdS. Absolutely doesn't have to stay as it is, can be the other way around too. Last year Dauphiné parallel to the Giro, so irrelevant to this year, which one yes, which one no. Finally decided to propose the french race for those that didn't get the french race in March... (not an argument, but couldn't come up with anything better) So can be changed of course. A lot of people of want a certain race at their preferred time? Ok, no problem, can be changed.

Big hole end of the month, it's the yearly NC hole. And no, we're not going to ride some great 2.2 race that somebody might find in that time period. See next post as well :lol:
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue May 17, 2022 7:53 pm

Rejoice! We still have a full(ish) real calendar! And we will in July too! But as announced in another thread, as things stand, we won't have in August. It's strange, everybody seems outraged at Luques absence, everybody relieved that Alk and Gipfel now are working on it and making big progress. But everybody running away fast when it's about the absence of designers. Yes, as Gipfel noted, if we had 5 designers with 100 active managers, now with 40 only 2 is logic. True. But then we have to accept a smaller real calendar too at some point.

We have 2 guys who have designed real races this year. One of the 2 really shouldn't be designing unless it helps him relaxing or something from his other voluntary job. The other one is notoriously ill-mannered. And has designed 95%+ of all one day races in the last 4? years or so. (I can already see it coming, some idiot will now research that number instead of doing something more useful)

And we have 3 guys who have designed fantasy races, one of them is one of the guys who designs real races too.

Possibly I missed somebody.

So one of these 4 designers has decided that he will limit his designing from August on to 10 stages a month. Plus if nobody else designs it, parts of the Vuelta or the whole one if necessary. So that makes 21+10 stages max, 31. Vuelta or no Vuelta won't change the number 10 at all though. If somebody else does it, that lazy designer will still only design 10 stages.

And since that designer is also the calendar assistant and responsible for:

a) proposing a calender
b) putting races online
c) making sure all the races in the finalized forum preview are designed or checked, so he can put them online.

the proposed calendar for August will be very limited. Vuelta and 10 races. After all if a full calendar is proposed, nobody designs anything except that guy, he will be forced to design everything due to c) above. With 7 one day races (first fast count) Burgos-Ain or Arctic-Benelux we come close to 20... half of them sadly won't be proposed and the way it looks for the moment not raced either.

What can change that very flexible (in both directions) number?

The following things will increase that number:

a) People designing real races. Yes, many have no experience, those who have, no time or no motivation maybe, all of which is ok. And some who might be motivated to try, don't have access to the editor due to a password bug. There's other ways to help:

b) CHECK races. See if the routes changed. Which is very easy, very fast (unless you have to do it for every single race, which possibly you then still have to design, then it adds up) Easy: Go to
https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/rac ... a9dbd1fbf9
Change the month if necessary.
Click on the race you want to check.
Open the flash version of c4f
Open the calendar from last year.
Look for the same race
compare.
See length, hills, then names of towns or hills written in our profile etc etc. Sometimes it takes 5" to see it's different, sometimes you might need a few minutes...
Post your findings here. "Completely different!" Same!" Or "seems the same but different intermediate sprints" "Same circuit, but fewer/more". Whatever fits
If you can't access flash anymore, more difficult, but using this you still are able to do a slightly less precise check:
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/show_races.php
Input the name of the race the race, click all races (otherwise it only shows the ones that were never in the calendar) search, click the most recent one, the popup opens.
If you then claim "same parcours" but it finally turns out it wasn't, but hard to see with only the popup, no problem (if it looked like the same there, if it looked completely different, that's another story)

c) design fantasy races, with clear focus on sprint races. But others are welcome too.

All these 3 things will increase the minimum pensum the designer threatening a strike (not more than 31 stages designed in August, great strike..) is willing to do. And how many races will appear in the first August preview. And no, don't wait till August with that work, by then the minimum number might have dropped...

What could cause the number to drop further?

a) Silence in this thread regarding this topic. Let's not react, then he might change his mind won't work, on the contrary.
b) Comments that this strike-threatener deems idiotic. Try to use common sense, "it's your job" is a sure decrease. Since it simply isn't the calendar assistants job (or anybody else's) to design basically the whole 1 day race calendar on his own.
c) Posting stuff only in the ingame chat. Post it here. I'm not interested in a general chat discussion. So it doesn't help the game if for some reason you deem it beneath you to post your arguments/criticisms/help in the ingame chat. And in the end it's for the game.

So, time to step up. Not only June, but being untypically nice in this period, the usually ill-mannered designers who threatens a strike has left a few races open in May, hurry up to be the first to show how useful you can be and check (+design?) one of them. First post of the May calendar...

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Tue May 17, 2022 10:42 pm

Suisse in the afternoon is great as I would miss the Dauphine because of holidays. Would btw. prefer 14 h instead of 15 h.
Manager von T-Mobile-A

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu May 19, 2022 11:29 am

Ok thats were I really can contribute.

1) This La Flamme Rouge site is a pain in the ass, was there many times and never found what I was looking for + horrible adds there.
2) Now I got were to look for
3) Did I get it right that we should "just" look up the races that you posted?
4) Can I edit the post you have made by coloring the races (green = same, orange=minor changes/unclear, red=different needs design) or should I just make a copy of your posted races that I can update over time?

Saturday 04.06.22 Heistse Pijl: changed, different length (probably just number of curcuits changed)
other stated races not available till now
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 19, 2022 7:30 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:29 am
3) Did I get it right that we should "just" look up the races that you posted?
Yes, for the moment. Once I start my strike (but since I get help the strike risk is diminishing rapidly) you'll have to check what races I left out.. .but not for June-July. I could have forgotten races though...
flockmastoR wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:29 am
4) Can I edit the post you have made by coloring the races (green = same, orange=minor changes/unclear, red=different needs design) or should I just make a copy of your posted races that I can update over time?
First post, the one that is basically empty please! (If you have editing powers here)
That's where I usually post the races that need to be done, right now it's all, so it's empty...

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu May 19, 2022 8:29 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:30 pm
First post, the one that is basically empty please! (If you have editing powers here)
That's where I usually post the races that need to be done, right now it's all, so it's empty...
Yes I have editing powers everywhere, good than I will do it like that.

(Don't ask me why I can edit every post, I have no clue but I informed people about this over and over again)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat May 21, 2022 9:36 am

Heistse Pijl 2022

saved as heistse_pijl_2022

Seems like I did it different to last editions. Took LaFlammeRouge gpx file and checked the climb. 800m, first part about 2-3% and last 450 about 6-7%. First very easy cobbles (0) and last 200m or so about * or ** cobbles so I did * for the km now.

So it's 3* for me. Any better solutions? Could also be like 4% without cobbles...

The KOM sprint I put one km after the climb. Maybe we can even cut this totally? And I did not checked for cobbles in the beginning. LFR would also announnce these?

https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/480199

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat May 21, 2022 10:06 am

From the picture of the climb, I would propose it's a +5%

46 m altitude in 850 m give 5,4% (for this distance), even if you take 150 m flat part before in the calculation it gives 4,6%.

Cobbles part is 500 m. Doesn't look hard for me, probably something to learn here:
heistse-pijl-3.PNG
heistse-pijl-3.PNG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1187 times
Would go without * because just the half km and easy (can we have a learning database for Pave? I have no clue)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat May 21, 2022 10:32 am

Yes, regarding cobbles I am pretty not sure here. But +5% seems to be too much for me here as the first part is not really steep. 350m are steep, but I think 5% would suit the climbers/superclassics too much as in reality there are some sprinters who can get this small hills done as well.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat May 21, 2022 11:23 am

Cobbles * to me seems right.
Climb 3 or 4 both ok, goes up 32 meters according to the graphic, not 46, that's the altitude at the top.... so 3 ok, but steepest part steeper, so 4 ok too, designers decision basically.

La flamme rouge most of the time has the pavé if there's any before... but to double check I often go to the site of the race itself. Links to most or all races here: https://cyclinglinks.nl/
But most of the time it's the same info, after all I guess that's where la flamme rouge gets its info too? So no check most of the time ok too (and haven't done much lately either, time management)

Pavé learning database? Not really... nothing like that here. For the spring Flanders races the designer usually puts what he did in the Belgian classic thread, so if we have the OUde Kwaremont or Paterberg or something in a race, would be nice to check there to see. But of course that all can be changed too, even if ideally we would have the same thing in most races, so not 9***** for Paterberg in 1 race 5 ** in another... But since it all involves lots of interpretation anyway, x different solutions are often possible. Still some consistency nice, but then post an updated interpretation in that thread too! Can't make a learning database because it's all interpretation. And because google maps kills my computer, I do those checks on mobile.... and writing long posts with screenshots from the mobile is too annoying. Long time ago Gaurain, Big Donkey and Polsat (I think) sent each other lots of PNs with their opinion on lots of different pavé sectors in Belgian, and if we had different opinions we took something in the middle, I think that's still the basis for what we have in the north, some things will have changed though.

City/village pavé is mostly * though, check with google street, usually it looks like the picture above. (That's almost hard * even...) Then take into consideration the length too,

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon May 23, 2022 7:35 pm

National Championships... I did this survey and some people gave their opinion in the thread. Survey participants want all 80 NCs on one day. And they want to win a jersey. Some want to win prize money but not a really big group. Very few care about their starting time (surprise to me) and real life profile (shocking to me) and real life date. So most of them want the old NCs as they were. All on one day, jersey, no prize money, random profile, random day. Is it because that's what they know and people don't embrace change generally? Could be true. But even if I have a different opinion and think there is some bias in asking players who know only the old system, I can't ignore the opinions given.

I hope people realized that old NCs means no NCs for the moment, which means random fantasy races for most of June 2022 then.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue May 24, 2022 9:14 pm

Sort of "what needs to be done" in the first post.

Lots not on yet on la flamme rouge.
Appennino needs redesign, I'll do it tomorrow
Bruxelles same as last year, nothing needed.

One day races after that all not online yet.

TdS... Gala started, asked question per PN but doesn't seem to continue, not sure what the plan is? A notice here would be nice.

Dauphiné I'll start tomorrow after Appennino, unless somebody beats me to it.....

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed May 25, 2022 4:36 pm

First 2 stages of Dauphiné done, both are categorized as sprint, but both with 6%, but sprints clearly possible. Rest in the coming 2 days, should be finished friday at the latest.

Appennino, same spirit, almost all same climbs,

25th, times etc basically fix now....

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 26, 2022 7:22 pm

Stages 3-6 done, will do 7 tomorrow, since that one needs more time and concentration...

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 pm

Is the split between Dauphine/TdS now fix? Want to use it for my form planning and whould like to know what afternoon tour I should plan for. So it's Tour de Suisse?
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri May 27, 2022 8:52 pm

Yeah, fix, nobody complained, so fix

Dauphiné and the already designed 1 day races on.

Remains to be designed: See first post as well.

Tour de Suisse

Aargau
Mont Ventoux denivelé

The 2 1 day races not on la flamme rouge yet.

TdS... Not designed yet. I won't have much time to design until the 31st, but will see if I find some time... Btw, it's not my job...

el Galactico

Post by el Galactico » Fri May 27, 2022 11:46 pm

Sorry for late reply. I made it through stage 1 now. Will continue as fast as possible.

Rodrigo Tellez - Winner of Tour Down Under 2023!!!

Siempre Campeones! Hala Galacticos!!

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

el Galactico

Post by el Galactico » Tue May 31, 2022 1:19 pm

If anyone could finish Suisse I wouldn't be angry ;)

Unfortunately I will not have much time the next days and it took me more time than I thought to design some of these stages. I hate these courses. Always end up with different heights :(
Rodrigo Tellez - Winner of Tour Down Under 2023!!!

Siempre Campeones! Hala Galacticos!!

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue May 31, 2022 2:08 pm

I can do a bit later today. No guarantee in how much ..

So if somebody else feels an urge, starting with the last stage might make sense. Not that we do stage 5 double...

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue May 31, 2022 2:09 pm

el Galactico wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:19 pm
If anyone could finish Suisse I wouldn't be angry ;)

Unfortunately I will not have much time the next days and it took me more time than I thought to design some of these stages. I hate these courses. Always end up with different heights :(
I will give it a try, probably need someones pw to save it. Start from behind
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue May 31, 2022 6:56 pm

Suisse done, should be on in a few minutes

Thanks a lot to Galacticos, 4,5 stages done, the 5th was almost there too, I just kind of finished it.
No guarantee on precision for stages 6-8... No check on cyclingcols or other resources.

Thanks to Flockmastor too, but think in the end was easier if I just did it, since you would have spent lots of time looking for a password donor... Whenever that problem is fixed you're more than welcome to design lots and lots of fantasy races (sprint, sprint, but some others too, just sprint gets boring to design)

Ventoux same as 2021

Aargau different, so will design that before putting stuff online... If my computer stops freezing for long enough at least.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:14 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:56 pm
looking for a password donor.
Look no further. I asked Takashi Design Ltd. and they are willing to lend their passwort to a trustworthy designer. And I've been asked to deliver best regards from the man Takashi Murakami himself! Send me a PM, i will make the call.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:13 pm

surprisingly remembered the password I used for the race editor, created 5 fantasy races so far in my fantasy thread, willing to do more if those I designed are good for a future calendar and maybe test designing some of the smaller real races
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:53 pm

Lenny, we can always use races, as mentioned elsewhere a certain focus on sprint would be nice, but others ok too. First Len-race in calendar.

Calendar for June complete, I think first time put stuff on since the Flash-crash, seems to have worked, at least the races are there.