February 22

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: February 22

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:35 pm

YES and NO

YES to "Is there a reason only Luques can post the PDF". YES! Technical reasons. Only Luques can post it where he posts it.
NO to "could you do it instead RRRRoooobbbbbbyy" NO, technical reasons., see above.

Clear?

Now to the next question you will have in a few days.... Why can't you post the PDF somewhere else Robbbbbbbbbbbbbby? After all you make an excel sheet, Luques converts it to PDF and posts it. Why not somewhere else? Or why not post the Excel sheet as a picture like FL does with the offseason calendar? Or why not as docs.google thingy?

Easy:
1) I'm an optimist, see my first answer to you, thought was clear enough, there is a reason, no I can't. Seriously expected you to understand that. So I expect and hope Luques finds time for that.
2) Lazyness+and lack of motivation to do the extra effort for the community. You btw play a nice little part in that, see unprovoked attacks that I'm "showing off" that I do some work when I tried to communicate with Luques in the chat a bit over a year ago. Stuff like that makes me not wanting to do even one extra minute very fast.
3) Technical issues, what takes 10" for a normal computer takes 5' for mine (at times... for example, started this post 10' ago and now had endless reloading of another tab that then froze the whole browser... And thanks to my unparalled technical expertise it would actually take me 30' to figure out the google docs thing too. Brain to blame, not computer here. :lol:

Happy? Either Luques posts it (well, sent the newest proposal to myself instead of to him... will correct immediately) or we'll have to do with the hard to read copy&paste. Or if you want I can send you the excel file and you then post it as a picture or as a google thingy or as a PDF on another site.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

luques

Post by luques » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 pm

I hope is the right one that I uploaded

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:04 am

Right one!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm

Murcia

Clasica de Almeria

Clasica Jaen Paraiso Interior: Will be a new 180km long race with dirt stretches. But official presentation on the second of February, so will be after that.

Het Nieuwsblad so far isn't on la flamme rouge either. And on their site nothing helpful. KBK is on la flamme rouge, but can't access... are the Belgians doing the same as last year to keep spectators away? Then will either be last years route or somebody needs to find the right articles and routeyou or similar tracks, so far haven't found anything.

FAun Ardeche ok from last year, same, and Drome not on flamme rouge yet. HAven't checked their site, will tomorrow I guess.

I normally will start putting stuff online tomorrow or Friday, so comments/proposals as soon as possible, if their are any.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:42 pm

As you mention KBK and Drome. When we have 2 one day races in parallel, it feels like 4+2 editions is a bit too much (like today). I would currently suggest only 2 + 2 editions because of the low number of players. Maybe 3 + 2 if one race is more important than the other (but not important enough to have only that race on that day).
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:15 pm

But it is 2+2? At least that's what it says in the PDF??? Thought was 3+3 after your post...and had written am unfriendly post and that I would now change it to 2-2. But that's what it is already. Unless I'm blind now.... So I refuse to change anything there.

As for 4+2 yesterday, IMO the occasional 3+3 or 4+2 can work, chance to offer other times (12 did well, short and sprint surely played a role), more options, more people can play, while the average per edition goes down, overall participation could increase for that day. And since it doesn't happen on a daily basis.. .IMO ok.

But since you're here, saw that we still have cross races that you designed and I didn't put on... did I miss the right dates or are they for February?

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:48 pm

You're right, you're right... just saying it because there might be other parallel one-day races, which are not necessarily in the calendar.

Regarding cross races, this is what I suggested in terms of dates. If some don't fit in your point of view, can leave them out of course.
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:25 pm
Remaining Cat.1 Cyclocross Calendar
06.02. Krawatencross --> Date seems OK
12.02. Superprestige Gavere --> Could be ridden on 11.02.
13.02. Brussels Universities Cyclocross --> Could be ridden on 15.02.
20.02. Internationale Sluitingsprijs Oostmalle --> Date seems OK
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:08 pm

Ok, thanks for the Cross-update.

Parallel, you mean like Marseille this month, that I first missed, ok ok.. can happen, but usually should be ok. Normally parallel races are written in the calendar, but stuff under cat 4 not with times.

Tours for February should be online now, check for mistakes as usual.
One day races on from tomorrow

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:15 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:48 pm
You're right, you're right... just saying it because there might be other parallel one-day races, which are not necessarily in the calendar.

Regarding cross races, this is what I suggested in terms of dates. If some don't fit in your point of view, can leave them out of course.
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:25 pm
Remaining Cat.1 Cyclocross Calendar
06.02. Krawatencross --> Date seems OK
12.02. Superprestige Gavere --> Could be ridden on 11.02.
13.02. Brussels Universities Cyclocross --> Could be ridden on 15.02.
20.02. Internationale Sluitingsprijs Oostmalle --> Date seems OK
Changed the last one to 19, so only 1 tour parallel. 2 tours.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:31 pm

Unless I missed something everything on, that can be on.

TT+TTT on
No extra pavé races, with Het Nieuwsblad and the cross races and the new spanish dirt road race we don't need the fantasy ones this month.

Missing:
Het Nieuwsblad: Still nothing online. But we can expect it to be very similar if not identical to 2021
KBK: Same
Jaen: Presented in Feb, new race: Dirt race. Will either be all ** without checking or a test for the proposed Strade Bianche change from last year. Every x km in a row it goes up *, so starts with * * * then ** ** **. But would cap it at 3. Not sure what's better, opinions welcome.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:58 pm

Jaen Paraiso interior done.

The new dirt race. Good place to test stuff for Strade Bianche? Last year proposals were all ** or another one after some km at * it changes to ** then to ***. Somebody else, and me to, think *** maybe too much...

So for the moment it's first 3 km *, after that all **. Will put it online tomorrow or even only Monday, so if others think something else is better, all **, or the *-*** system, write until then. Change after 3 km ok? Better sooner/later?

Length of the pavé parts are 9 km, then 4km, 3km, 6, 5, 6 6.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:38 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:58 pm

The new dirt race. Good place to test stuff for Strade Bianche? Last year proposals were all ** or another one after some km at * it changes to ** then to ***. Somebody else, and me to, think *** maybe too much...

So for the moment it's first 3 km *, after that all **. Will put it online tomorrow or even only Monday, so if others think something else is better, all **, or the *-*** system, write until then. Change after 3 km ok? Better sooner/later?
Yep, sounds like a fair solution. If I remember correctly, Poke suggested *** at some point but then we all agreed *** is a bit too much and ** is most realistic. Then some said all ** for Strade Bianche, others preferred a solution where we change after X km. So change from * to ** after 3km sounds good. Let's try that.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:34 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:38 am
Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:58 pm

Yep, sounds like a fair solution. If I remember correctly, Poke suggested *** at some point but then we all agreed *** is a bit too much and ** is most realistic. Then some said all ** for Strade Bianche, others preferred a solution where we change after X km. So change from * to ** after 3km sounds good. Let's try that.
In my memory, the Giro stage with white road was nice with ** during all the race, better than */** imo.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:21 pm

Hm, already put it online before seeing this. Ah well, it's to test a bit anyway, for Strade Bianche we can go for ** all the way regardless.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:31 pm

For details see the important races, Classiques Belges thread