April 2021

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Gipfelstuermer

Re: April 2021

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Very good to have the PDF online early so let me start with comments:

Most important: Times for stage races. The proposal has 3 editions each for Giro di Sicilia, Pais Vasco, Tour of the Alps and Tour de Romandie. I think we could have 4 editions each. Short stage races are relatively popular currently. And there are no major parallel races. Scheldeprijs, ok, but Pais Vasco is World Tour Level so clearly more important. Then Fleche Wallone, ok, that's more important than Tour of the Alps, so here could go for 3 editions for the tour, if you think that one classic race does make that big difference (which could be true, I see afternoon people like Donkey, me, CC ride FW instead of Alps perhaps).

So I propose: 4 editions for each tour OR 4 editions for each tour except 3 editions for Tour of the Alps.

If you stay with 3 editions each (I hope not), please make sure the cancelled editions are fairly distributed. Currently you cut 1x morning, 2x afternoon, 1x early evening. O.K. if you don't cut evening, because that is the strongest time normally. But not O.K. to cut 2x afternoon as it is similarly popular as morning and early evening currently and has been cut a lot recently (no afternoon UAE and no afternoon Catalunya).

Times for one day races: Well, why Brabant 5 if everything else 4? Probably just a small error. I think 4 editions for each one day race is O.K. Times for the monuments look fine.

Design: A lot online on la flamme rouge, just need to get started. I hope I have time to contribute.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Only one comment so far.... I wonder if we start the flooding around the 27th again....

Only answered in the race thread, so here too short:

Giro di Sicilia is stupid times for sure. But from March, since it starts on the 31st... not sure why I thought that was good :oops: And why nobody else protested....

3 or 4, proposals with both to Luques, he knows best how far the new version will be then, he chose this, enough people demand 4 he might change.
3 for Alps to me seems clear, to Gipfel acceptable as well.

Times, Sicilia bad, but that is the one that can't be changed.

Rest: THe thinking is: Cat 4 races, afternoon misses out on Catalunya in March, so gets both cat 4 in April. But since it generally is the weakest time (not by a huge margin right now, but still) then misses out on Alps.
If the number of editions doesn't change, could change that with Alps, afternoon gets it, morning or early evening loses out, but no ideal either... Sicilia the mistake clearly I think.

If back to 4 editions for PV-Romandie, Alps will be offered in the afternoon for sure (unless i forget...) and morning or early evening out.

Designing: Anybody has good links for Ronde van Vlaanderen? Because that's the one missing from Flamme rouge (at least yesterday when I checked) PR possibly too.

Brabant: Got 5 editions because its the only cat 4+ race that has nothing in parallel and is not on a weekend (when we generally have less teams, but for important races probably more make an effort to be there... but ok, Brabant down to 4 for bigger groups sounds fine to me.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:53 pm

Some time today, I start Pais Vasco as there is the profile on LFR

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:44 am

Tour of the Alps.

There is one modification compare to 2020 profile in stage 3. After it is the same than last year

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:59 am

Very few things online, so in general will be the 2019 editions I guess.

RVV should be on before the month change, so either the 2019 or 2020 edition, no idea what will be closer to reality.
Goal is upload on 30.03 anyway.

Generally few things on la flamme route yet (and on their own sites presumably)

Calendar change proposals only Gipfel so far, so will be finalized soon, and either with no change or very few:
- Brabant down to 4 editions
- Some solution to make the afternoon get Alps, without cutting PV and Romandie, just that I don't see that solution yet. (and the mistake was still sicily)
- PV and Romandie to 4 looks unlikely, Luques chose 3, just one person for 4, Luques wins.

Generally few things on la flamme route yet (and on their own sites presumably)
Did Miguel Indurain, annoying people couldn't slightly changing their route again.

Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:07 pm

Donkey designing Liège-Bastogne-Liège.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Liège done. Mintact before La Redoute as usual.
Roche au Faucons different this year, seems we over-designed it a bit, 1,5 km.. Used to be 11 7? Seems to much.
10 4 right now. checking on plotaroute came out at a bit under 1400 meters and 140 up... with the first km the harder. So... maybe 10 5 ok? Ideas?
On the other hand that last little bump now is 4 6, average 5,1 in a bit under 2 km according to la flamme rouge. 4 6 is what the file suggested and my plotaroute check said the same basically

Seems the finish is closer to the last downhill this year, no -7 -1 0 the last 3 km

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:53 am

Flèche Wallonne done and online.

As for the "secret" Belgian races, Schelde, RVV, Brabant, probably on tomorrow. Our last designed version. Doubt we find anything more until then. And while I was thinking about designing the 2020 version for the Ronde... what's the point, it's probably some small differences again this year, not the identical parcours to 20. So rather less work and the 19 version than the equally incorrect 20 version.

For the stage races wait for Luques' final ok, but again, not there till tomorrow I put up according to the PDF we have now.

luques

Post by luques » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Finalized and opened the April calendar.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:09 pm

All classiques online

RVV the 2019, uncorrected, so didn't bother to adjust to the small 21 differences in other races.
Schelde and Brabant the old versions too. Race never changes much anyway, if it all, and waiting for possible info from newspapers later seemed rather pointless, so the old versions in.

Stage races in too, Romandie missing, but they never put their parcours up early, will come when they do, if not the 19 version.

Other races will be online after the month change, don't plan to add anymore more tomorrow. Missing real races only Primavera, Camembert, Doubs Besançon and Jura anyway. (+Romandie of course)

Checking for mistakes always welcome...

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:49 pm

The race on 13.04. is named "Paris-Camemberg" instead of "Camembert" in the calendar.

RS Coesitz

Post by RS Coesitz » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 pm

One comment from my side, perhaps some other guys see it the same way, perhaps some not: the race today (Regensburg-Schwarzenbach) was quite a nice one, but 136 minutes for a cat1-race is a bit much in my eyes. The finish was cool, many opportunities for classics, classics-sprinters or 80-70s. I liked it. But it was way to long in my eyes. It would be great if we can make cat1-fantasy-races not much longer than 100, perhaps 90 minutes.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:05 pm

Camembert corrected. Thanks!

Long race, it's once every xxx months we have a loong fantasy race. Usually I try to avoid over 200 (UCI rules where except weekend classics the limit is 200, with exception if asked... maybe the rule changed, but Fleche for example was limited to 200 because of that too) So I try not to design 1 day fantasy races over 200 (sometimes I fail) and not to program them. (But since there are quite a few around sometimes I put them in. I saw the length, didn't see the mintact, if it's 136 minutes and 236 km seems was 36 km mintact? Or did I get the length wrong. I admit that didn't think about RVV and PR on the weekends, would have been better in a period with no long races at all. But we will still get some of those ultra long races occasionally, people designed them, why not used them sometimes.

The 2 new french races at the end of this week seem to have been cancelled now. So cancel here too, reason being, we don't have old profiles, were new races. A small tour until 2020 with 2 stages it seems, now 2 one day races. We could design the 2 stages from last year (or 2019), but since we don't know if the parcours was planned to be anything similar, waste of time IMO. Fantasy it will be.

Still waiting for Romandie, but they are always late, no reason to panic.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:13 pm

Romandie online on their site and la flamme rouge.

RKL designing, will finish sometimes later this week. First 2 stages now before jumping to bed.