December 2020

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

cataracs

Re: December 2020

Post by cataracs » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:23 pm

I want to do the Christmas Tour.

And Rwanda? I was thinking a stage race with a long team time-trial would be good, for the teams that are new to that or need to refresh their ttt skills before the Dec Tour.
I made a tour for that lol, but it's shorter.
Hansa's Myanmar cut into 4 days tour (stages 3-4-5-6/7) would be great for that.
Not sure if there are any other small tours with TTT.

But yes, the small tour before Dec tour with TTT is just my opinion, not sure what the rest think about it. But personally I'd like to test my team in that before Hawai.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:12 pm

I thought about creating a christmas tour too. But okay if you wanna do it.

A tour with a long TTT is fine for me as Practice. But i dont think cutting one of the december tour proposals is needed.
Last edited by Hansa on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:14 pm

Ah, here.

Check everything:

Times:
Dec tour 4 or 5 editions? Unless Gipfel changes his mind 22h is fix for one edition, rest can be changed. 19-22 the logical choice if we want 4 tours.

Small tours: Times! And: Both are highly provisional.

Early tour 4 days: WE have virtually nothing for 4 days. Even less that fits. Rwanda isn't perfect either. but mountain-flat-hilly-hilly. Ok, varied tour, ok, a ITT would be nice, (or a TTT, but IMO a ITT more, why not let the ITT guys have something, TTT had Andes Sprint, Andes already this month) or if not a second sprint stage more than another hilly stage.
Anyway, if somebody knows a tour that fits better or feels like designing one very fast and thinks that will fit (no guarantee) go on. And I don't like cannibalizing Dectours at all. (I assume Taka has problems distinguishing Myanmar and Sri Lanka...) Design, all or nothing, win or lose, no backup plan to make it a short tour.
Anyway, 4 days, anybody knows something better or wants to design something better? Go for it.

Nigeria: Similar problem. Can't find anything else that fits really. Here 5 days is ok, 4 would go to, would like to avoid anything longer. And here a TT or ITT is definitely needed. At the same time ideally not a tour for climbers. Nigeria fits both: Middle montain-middle mountain sprint sprint TT. So IMO ok here. But if somebody knows a better tour that is somewhere hidden.. .come forward.

Ideally 1 of the 2 tours should be replaced... because I don't like Taka! (Or because having 3 Takatours in 2 months seems a bit much, but if nobody else designs that's ok too)

Christmas:We need somebody to design. Taka again? when I said 3 is much I didn't mean 4 is better...
Well ok, why not, but wait a bit, give some other guy a chance to design something, wait a few days to see if somebody else comes forward, then ok ok.

Rest: Check everything, hope didn't forget and c4f classics. Nominations for Africa and Asia obviously closed, but for January, Australia/Oceania and South America (so far 0) nominations in the appropriate thread still welcome. Find it yourself.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Hanse wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:12 pm
Times are ok for me. Tours are ok too. We had a tour with ttt and one with ITT this month too. So the first tour with either itt or TTT is fine too but without any of them is also ok. But one of the 3 small tours should have a ITT.

Do we need the christmas profile before the month change?
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:35 pm

And for those that demand immediate more info about what to design, here the wonderful thread that OL demanded with such energy, he finally got it resurrected.

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/RSFForum/v ... =14&t=7366
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Hanse wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 pm
Hanse wrote:
Times are ok for me. Tours are ok too. We had a tour with ttt and one with ITT this month too. So the first tour with either itt or TTT is fine too but without any of them is also ok. But one of the 3 small tours should have a ITT.

Ideally yes.
I wouldn't mind much if it's a SURPRISE package and arrives later, but you'll have people with heart attacks, raging and ranting, demanding justice and my head. Sounds fun, make it after the month change :lol: Or before if you have a heart for the excitable faction.

Who designs it, deal with Taka (or other candidates that show up), I don't care, as long as it's... yes, varied, non specialized.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:24 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 pm
Hanse wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 pm
Hanse wrote:

Ideally yes.
I wouldn't mind much if it's a SURPRISE package and arrives later, but you'll have people with heart attacks, raging and ranting, demanding justice and my head. Sounds fun, make it after the month change :lol: Or before if you have a heart for the excitable faction.

Who designs it, deal with Taka (or other candidates that show up), I don't care, as long as it's... yes, varied, non specialized.
About the early tour. I think yes we need one with ITT but the GK must be for riders with mountain skill. It makes long time since the last time mountain-TT guy have something, I find nothing since TdS so 1st half of June. It is very very long.

In recent tours, Tour de la Kabylie from Taka could be nice if ITT stage wasn't buggy

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:33 pm

ITT yes, GC for mountain not necessarily... I remember a certain TdF and a certain Vuelta after the TdS too. Where if ridden sort of normally a climber with TT is the favorite too. But can be for TT climbers of course.

Kabylie? 6 days and I see no ITT somehow. 6 days too long, clearly, hard to put 6 days in anyway.. and in that tight spot...
4 there simply fits best.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:33 pm
ITT yes, GC for mountain not necessarily... I remember a certain TdF and a certain Vuelta after the TdS too. Where if ridden sort of normally a climber with TT is the favorite too. But can be for TT climbers of course.

Kabylie? 6 days and I see no ITT somehow. 6 days too long, clearly, hard to put 6 days in anyway.. and in that tight spot...
4 there simply fits best.
Sorry, I talk about one week tour.
4 days tour with ITT in Africa I don't see a lot. If I checked well we have :

- Swaziland : no TT, 3 hilly, 1 mountain
- Africa Sprint Cup : only 3 days abd all sprint
- Cabo Verde Tour : 6 days, 1 ITT but 3 mountain stage
- Cape Verde Tour : 5 days, 1 ITT, 2 mountain, 1 hilly, 1 sprint, but a lot of submarine sector
- Ciclista de Cabo Verde : 3 hilly stage
- tour de la Kabylie : 3 flat, 2 mountain, stage 4 don't know if it is ITT or mountain
- Nigeria : 1 ITT 2 flat 2 hilly
- Tour of Comoros : 2 flat 2 hilly
- Tour of Ethiopia : 1 ITT 2 hilly 1 hilly paves
- Tour of Guinea : 2 flat 1 flat paves 1 hilly paves 1 ITT (2 half stages)
- Tour of Mozambique : 1 ITT 4 flat 1 hilly 1 mountain
- Tour of Ruanda : 1 ITT 1 flat 5 hilly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1792497388

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:58 pm

There is an older Kabylie tour, plus the one I made earlier last month then I also edited it. So the database is a bit off for Kabylie. :D

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:00 am

Updated by Luques,

Rwanda out, Tipaza in, will start uploading later today.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:15 pm

No complaints filed or heard, so regard this as fix and started uploading accordingly.

Complaints of course still welcome, it's always good for a laugh when the usual suspects show up all outraged way too late. But that's all it's good for really.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:37 am

Everything that is in the PDF should be online, for the moment at least, we never know when Bug X/Saboteur X strikes again....

Everything checked better times categories etc...

IDF

Post by IDF » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:40 am

Nigeria is gone again
[8:11:11 PM] SM: j'ai un bug la j'arrive plus a aller sur RFM

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Dolisie - Point Noire disappeared again after the first edition today.

Online again now, let's see if it works.. .but anyway, as long as the great bug x / saboteur x remains unresolved, everybody should check his/her inscription regularly... seems stuff disappears faster and faster.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Races on for the next days:

18th Atraves Rio 9-14-17-21-23
19th Tigray Cup 11-16-19-22
20th Singida Road Race 9-13-17-21

After that it's classic races for a few days, check the times in the PDF

Just in case they are deleted again short term and somebody else, Luques or Pokemon I would guess needs to put them back on, and nice to have the same races, after all we often look at the next days race to decide how unfit our riders can be the next day.

Generally I should be more or less around in the morning, before the first race, then off again, back at the latest at 15h, but most of the time at least once or twice in between. Evening until 18h or even 19h most of the time. Should be able to put stuff back up then, after that not. So if there's more same day or next day disappearances after 18/19 somebody else (Luques, Pokemon) should put it on. But mention it somewhere, everybody putting stuff will become a mess soon otherwise.

olmania

Post by olmania » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:39 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:11 pm
Dolisie - Point Noire disappeared again after the first edition today.

Online again now, let's see if it works.. .but anyway, as long as the great bug x / saboteur x remains unresolved, everybody should check his/her inscription regularly... seems stuff disappears faster and faster.
Is having a 0° temperature in that race is part of the issue ?
Or another issue linked to the broken weather ?

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Just think about that, but it is the end of the year, what about making all race free for all until the 31.12 ?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:33 am

In principle everything was online till the 30st.

24th-26th gone again, 24th-25th on again now.

Anyway, for the moment best to always check the inscription.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:24 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:33 am
In principle everything was online till the 30st.

24th-26th gone again, 24th-25th on again now.

Anyway, for the moment best to always check the inscription.
we often discuss About shortening the inscription time to XX:45 with the current Situation of races dissapearing int woulb be good to do it.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:34 am

10:09? or 10:08? maybe 07? Around then races for today and tomorrow disappeared again. 24th and 25th.

Re uploaded by Poke.

Luques dealing with it right now.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Again gone during the 14h race.

Short summary for Luques, instead of the usual PM.

I put on races -30 online yesterday.(I forgot from when, 25th? definitely 27-30, 26 was online) Was all still there when I last checked, forgot the time.
24-26th gone. Judging from the general chat a bit after midnight?

Put them back a bit after 7am
24+25 gone at 10:10 +/- during the 9h race

Poke put them back up shortly thereafter.

24+25 gone again at 14:xx during the 14h race

Back on with an extra edition at 15h

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:28 pm

All races till the 31st online now.

I didn't put up Herne and Catania-Etna. So either Bug x/Saboteur x or Pokemon or Luques.... If it's Pokemon or Luques as I suspect, that's ok of course, but I would appreciate a notice, preferably in the forum, but general chat ok too, so that I know what's going on. Since I have to check the number of races online regularly nowadays seeing more or less than it was last time around shortens my life by 6" each time. And actually I'd prefer if they only put races online in emergencies, late next day or same day disappearances, or if it's very late and nothing on (for which Herne, tomorrow definitely qualifes, but with races disappearing everything has been put online late, Herne would have come on today at around 10 anyway)

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:51 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:28 pm
All races till the 31st online now.

I didn't put up Herne and Catania-Etna. So either Bug x/Saboteur x or Pokemon or Luques.... If it's Pokemon or Luques as I suspect, that's ok of course, but I would appreciate a notice, preferably in the forum, but general chat ok too, so that I know what's going on. Since I have to check the number of races online regularly nowadays seeing more or less than it was last time around shortens my life by 6" each time. And actually I'd prefer if they only put races online in emergencies, late next day or same day disappearances, or if it's very late and nothing on (for which Herne, tomorrow definitely qualifes, but with races disappearing everything has been put online late, Herne would have come on today at around 10 anyway)
Yes it is me for the races online