MAY 2020

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: MAY 2020

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:17 pm
- this year, a bit less fantasy TTs than previous years. Was asked several times recently, and finally 2 TTs (one ITT and one TTT) were put on calendar (end of April & mid-May). Both at same time of tours.
A bit less than in previous years? Interesting theory, let's see.

All January to May:

2020: 2 in January, ITT and TTT, ITT in February, then ITT April, TTT May. That's 5 fantasy TT in 5 months.
2019: TTT in January.
2018: TTT in January
2017: TTT in January
2016: TTT in January
2015: Nothing?

No guarantee the counting is correct, just looked at the name of the race and the description. Very possible, even likely that I either missed a few or that some don't have TT in the name or the description. Pretty sure we had a Guadeloupe TT sometime... but didn't find it, could be after May too of course. But even though I thoroughly enjoy disproving stuff like that, I'm not going to invest more time to look for more. Feel free to update this stat yourself.
But having 5 fantasy TTs in 5 months certainly is not "less than in previous years" Or show us the 6 fantasy TTs in previous years.

The interesting theory turned out to be a false fact, an empty talking point. This is not helpful in the least. You want to criticize anybodies work, do it on the basis of facts. Not by making stuff up, be it maliciously or due to lack of proper research.

So the facts are: We have a bit more fantasy TT than in previous years.
I had completely forgotten about it after February, possibly even the one in February was in because somebody asked for it, don't remember. If somebody asked, it was most likely: OL. No "we asked several times", it's OL that asks for it, when I forget it. And then I put it in. That simple, monthly TT either ITT or TTT missing? Ask for it. And I'll put it in. Same for the 2 pavé fantasy races in the pavéless months, I often need FL to remind me of that.

The situation 2020 is: Preliminary research shows that we have way more fantasy TTs than in previous years. We have OL to thank for that.

Btw, focusing on this point doesn't mean in the least that I accept any of the other points in your post.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:20 pm

3) You claimed "a bit less fantasy TTs than in previous years"

(Interesting that you felt the need to quote my whole post, except where I quote what I answer to)

I disproved that lie. I didn't address your other points. Do you want me to address them?

As for Dauphiné, I expect some thinking too. Open the PDF, is Dauphiné in the PDF?
Yes? Then it's ridden where it says. 31st of May that would be.
No? Then it doesn't start in May. But in June. When not clear, could be first, could be second, could be third.

Easy to figure out really, just open that PDF :lol:
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:24 pm

More important:

Gipfel, Giro. Do you plan to see about Agnello today? Or no time? Or you think there is no need? The difference after all is not that huge, although as a purist I'd like to have it as close as possible, but well, not the end of the world either.

Ideally I'd put the Giro on later today (2-3 hours, after that I think I'll go to bed), but if you plan to check again, I can wait until tomorrow too. Then tomorrow in the European morning, so if you plan to do something more, would have to be tonight. And if not, just tell me, then put it on in the next 2-3 hours.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:30 pm

I think Agnello is OK as it is. Maybe would find some small difference if I had more time to study it. So feel free to adjust something or to put Giro online today/tomorrow.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

olmania

Post by olmania » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:32 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:30 pm
I think Agnello is OK as it is. Maybe would find some small difference if I had more time to study it. So feel free to adjust something or to put Giro online today/tomorrow.
Quick update with real % would not take much time :mrgreen: Please ? ;)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:33 am

So adjusted the climbing side of the Agnel a bit, according to the Giro site. Height now up to 2740 now.
Noticed another thing, we were very low after Briançon, so added the 8 at km 168 was a 0 before. file went from 1240 to 1320, but our version stayed at 1240. Overseight I guess, so added that 8.

Anyway, uploaded the Giro now, hope everything ok, check recommended as usual, times, right placement of the rest days and so on.

olmania

Post by olmania » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:42 am

Good thing about Agnel, and also that 8% in Briançon.
Only thing that seem wrong in that stage is that it is classified as TTT in the display :lol:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:53 am

Thanks...
All off again then and put on later today......

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:37 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:32 pm
Ok, so let's focus on real Giro!

Some details for GIRO 2020 if luques has time:
- maglia rosa please
- points classification should be like last year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Giro ... leadership
[/quote]

What happened with these things? :)
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Tell Luques in the chat, not sure he reads here.....

Giro should be online again, hopefully this time all ok, check and control!

olmania

Post by olmania » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:50 pm

Would it be possible to add more one day races (fantasy) for the month by tomorrow ?
That could help the ones not doing the Giro I guess :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:27 pm

Theoretically yes, practically...

I don't like to put in too much at once, it takes away flexibility later. Pokemon once or twice filled the whole month before the month change, theoretically not a bad idea, plus then don't need to remember to put stuff in later on, but then when the times weren't good (he cut lots of 17-19h editions) basically we were stuck with that. So can put up a bit more tomorrow, but doubt I'll go further than the 10th. It will be the usual mis of flat/hilly, a mountain here or there, TTT and pavé is already in...
Plus with the coronavirus lockdowns possibly ending sometime in May, the now strong afternoon might start losing teams again, etc etc.

olmania

Post by olmania » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:56 pm

Until the 10th or midmonth is better than nothing !
Thanks ;)