October 2019

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Gipfelstuermer

Re: October 2019

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Looks good at a first glance, just why Lombardia & Paris-Tours only 4 times? Can be 5 times, I think.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:05 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:03 pm
Looks good at a first glance, just why Lombardia & Paris-Tours only 4 times? Can be 5 times, I think.
Second that. At least the monuments should have 5 times. I also would think about not having a parallel race to it for maximum participation.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Look at the H O R R I B L E participation we have on weekends lately (quite a while kind of lately). For Lombardia and Paris-Tours hopefully a bit better, but 4 still can work. If there's more people wanting 5 for those 2, ok let's have 5... but 4 could very well be enough.

Bigger question is this Tacx thing parallel... does it make sense? Rik van Steenbergen too, but it hasn't been ridden since ages, I guess will be the same this year, they register it with the UCI just in case....

But ok, 4 or 5?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:23 pm

My suggestion is 5 editions for these two classic races and no parallel races.

Laurens88

Post by Laurens88 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:07 pm

team fl wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:23 pm
My suggestion is 5 editions for these two classic races and no parallel races.
I agree, no reason to have parallel races with the classics. As we saw last Sunday, they do not get good participation anyway, so either move them if you feel they are important or just remove them. So I would also suggest to either (re)move Binche or remove at least one edition of Tre Valli Varesine.
Or... make it one edition only for teams in Div 6-7.

So when are the NC's planned this autumn?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Sent Luques a new proposal, probably he'll put in online soon.

Lombardia+Paris Tours with 5 editions.
9-14-17-20-23
10-15-18-21-23
Nothing parallel, moved to Friday and Monday.

Left Binche where it is, Instead of having 2 moved races who are similar as well on Monday, let's have the Tre Valli for classics and Binche for sprinters or last km high flat high pavé attacks...
But changed to 4 editions, 11-15-18-22

Emilia on a Saturday still with only 4 editions, nobody complained so left it like that, still time to complain.. .but still think on weekends lately 4 would be enough.

Put in NCs... last Saturday, so start for the pavé tour on Monday. Perfect for the pavé tour, Monday to Friday, no weak weekend. But there were complaints last time the NC were on Saturday I think... if Sunday is much more popular, ok Sunday and Pavé tour then Tuesday to Saturday? Next day start would be highly counter productive since the NC chasers would all be dead and not starting most likely...
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:37 pm

In the meantime designing update:

Only checked la flamme rouge for the moment, only mention things that are on there, the rest will need to be checked of course

Same as last year, so no need to design unless somebody finds the last version bad

Emilia
Beghelli

New, needs to be designed:

Münsterland Giro
Eurometropole
Famenne Ardennes
Tour de Vendée
Tre Valli Varesine
Milano-Torino
Gran Piemonte (for climbers now!)
Paris-Bourges (as far as I can figure out just an annoying new little 3-4 km detour somewhere between km 45 and 100)
Lombardia same till the last climb. Same last climb as 2017 but 3 km shorter, somewhere between Colle Brianza and the Madonna del Ghisallo. Basically combine the 2018 version until the end of the downhill of the Civiglio, then the 2017 finish. Ha, actually the 2015 version seems to be basically the same. Further annoying study later.

NOthing on la flamme rouge yet, but Paris-Tours will need some thinking, the new dirt roads last years seem to have been more selective than predicted in reality, our version in the end was maybe too soft?

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:42 pm

Valle Varesine with 5 times while there is a parallel race (Binche) is wanted? Just asking because we have discussed to have only 4 times when there is a parallel race. It's a Tuesday though, not weekend...

Do we have anyone designing the Tour des Pavés this year? Otherwise, we could take stages from former TdP editions and mix them a bit, if that doesn't take too much time.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:53 pm

Before asking, read :lol:
Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Left Binche where it is, Instead of having 2 moved races who are similar as well on Monday, let's have the Tre Valli for classics and Binche for sprinters or last km high flat high pavé attacks...
In the last sentence add "3 valli" after changed to make it completely clear.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:53 pm
Before asking, read :lol:
Robyklebt wrote:

In the last sentence add "3 valli" after changed to make it completely clear.
I oriented myself on the PDF, was too lazy to read all you wrote, that's on me. But seem like my idea was not completely off :)

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Ah, and before I forget it: I think the TdP should start at Monday 28th. This tour over the weekend looks like a participation killer to me. Doesn't matter that it would end on Nov. 3rd. No big race there anyway.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Put in NCs... last Saturday, so start for the pavé tour on Monday. Perfect for the pavé tour, Monday to Friday, no weak weekend. But there were complaints last time the NC were on Saturday I think... if Sunday is much more popular, ok Sunday and Pavé tour then Tuesday to Saturday? Next day start would be highly counter productive since the NC chasers would all be dead and not starting most likely...
So you agree with my latest (still unpublished, maybe being polished?)proposal? Good! NC on the 26th, Saturday, Pavé from Monday to Friday. Not sure we want it to end on the 3rd of November though, first that's a Sunday again, second the Tour would be 7 days long then. :lol:

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:14 pm
Robyklebt wrote:
So you agree with my latest (still unpublished, maybe being polished?)proposal? Good! NC on the 26th, Saturday, Pavé from Monday to Friday. Not sure we want it to end on the 3rd of November though, first that's a Sunday again, second the Tour would be 7 days long then. :lol:
Hihi, Monday issues, 1 November of course :D.

And yes, I generally agree.

luques

Post by luques » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:52 pm

Uploaded the new version

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Münsterland Giro done.
Tre Valli too, no guarantee on precision on that one though.
I'll continue with Milano-Torino, Gran Piemonte and Lombardia.
For what else needs to be done, see the first post.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:21 pm

MIlano Torino, change in the last km, an 8 fit better IMO.
First passage a bit different than last year too, 4,3 km, put the "rest altitude" gain at the start, not a 3 on top.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:07 am

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:01 am

Eurometrople done.

See in the top post what else needs to be done still... :lol:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:05 am

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:47 pm

Lombardia, the finish from 2017, San Fermo di Battaglia. Some changes earlier, Muro di Sormano now 15 16, the Civiglio from 9 9 9 11 to 9 9 10 11, mostly to get the right height. Madonna del Ghisallo.... different, somehow I analyze that differently each time. Climbs taken from the official sites mostly.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:05 am

IMportant stuff uploaded, for what remains to be done, see the first post. Checking everything for mistakes might not be a bad idea, days, races, category times etc. :oops: You never know...

Binche-Chimay-Binche we now have an old version, the one from last year, some changes earlier, finishing circuit the same.

Paris Tours no comments, so...

Since the whole thing in reality seems to have made explode quite a lot, * as last year for these dirt roads didn't seem enough. In the end followed the la flamme rouge classification. So between * and ***. Google street only showed the beginning and/or end of the roads (gave up for the last sectors though) so just followed la flamme rouge. Cut the second sector, only 400 meter and since I made 1500 2km, somewhere else... cutting seemed appropriate.

Now Luques needs to open October...

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:50 am

If no one do it I can do Guangxi tonight

S L Benfica

Post by S L Benfica » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:31 pm

the national champs is 26 oct???
Green Jersey Tour 2012 - Fernando Pereira
3ºTour 2012 - Artur Agostinho

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:02 am

Yes