June 2019

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: June 2019

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:11 am

2 races at the same time increases the risk of bugs. I was told, I don't think I ever noticed it happening, Except if we count Poke trolling as bug. (I don't)"DON'T PUT 2 RACES AT THE SAME TIME OTHERWISE WE HAVE A BUG AGAIN". Otherwise no bugs I noticed.

Maybe the bug risk increases but due to low numbers doesn't happen anyway. Still, most of the time we try NOT to put races in parallel at teh same time.
a) Bugs
b) If somebody can't at x, then putting the a parallel tour or one day race at the same time... maybe not ideal. More times, more choice.

Of course sometimes we still have 2 races starting at the same time, either by mistake (mine) or on purpose.

Right now TdS: 9-14-19-22. So these times are out for Slovenia and mostly one day races too.
One day races: Keep 10/15/18/20 or 21 for that. (20 kep0t free this time)Being the more popular times than 11/16/17. And having one day races at the weaker times IMO is worse, since the 1 day races are the lifeline or however you want to call it.
So 11-12-13-16-17-21-23-24 free. Evening strong, gets 21 for sure. 2 more to give... in retrospect 23 clearly better than 24. But all the other free times are what you call odd times. 11? Then one day races are stuck at 10, by giving it to 12 the one day races can be at 10/11, mixing it up there (having one day races at exactly the same times for 2-3-4+ days in a row is not ideal either) So 12 this time. 21 clear, 24. But your odd times will be in here and there anyway. Vuelta for example, even if we go only for 4 times for the Vuelta (which I would support) and ride the stupid Tour of Britain (2 or 3) and the parallel Canadian classics....
10-15-19-22 Vuelta?
Keep 9/14/18/21 for Canadian classics
Britain: ? 11-17-23 something like that.
Or put the one day races on the "odd" times? One of the classics being on a Sunday (I think) 11-17 should be no problem...

Unless we never have any parallel tours anymore, putting in 11-16-17-24 for either tours or one day races is almost unavoidable. And the numbers are not THAT bad generally compared to the main times. Worse, yes, horribly inferior, no. 12-13 avoidable, but pff, 13 once a year for a Tour...planning already to put it in one day.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:25 am

Ok, makes a bit more sense with the restriction of not having two parallel races. I've read that before but forgot about it because it sounds a bit like a myth if even you haven't seen that bug happening.

Perhaps Luques can answer if that is really a problem. With 2 fields seems to be no problem. Because we sometimes had that in the more recent past. Not often but sometimes. Maybe 2 races is a problem. Can be.

Anyway, we should really try to solve all those bugs! :(
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:29 am

It's not only the bugs, it's b) as well.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

luques

Post by luques » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:03 pm
Question to Luques:

Do you want real national championships? Normally used to be yes, but since the whole thing is becoming more unstable (if I understand everything correctly) is it still ok? With putting it online etc.
I have time to design a few, but well, if it then can't be put online...
I think you can do it, can't guarantee the result however, don't be mad in case ;)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:39 pm

luques wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:30 pm
Robyklebt wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:03 pm
Question to Luques:

Do you want real national championships? Normally used to be yes, but since the whole thing is becoming more unstable (if I understand everything correctly) is it still ok? With putting it online etc.
I have time to design a few, but well, if it then can't be put online...
I think you can do it, can't guarantee the result however, don't be mad in case ;)
I'm always mad anyway.
But I completely lost my eagerness to design them in the meantime..... so let it be.