April 2019

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: April 2019

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:10 pm

Dirt roads. *
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

luques

Post by luques » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 am

Idéfix wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 am
Hello !
Not specificly for April, but for all times^^
No problem with today's races as I did not watch carefully the proposed times for March in the calendar... but please for the future, could you make sure that at least WT races (cat 4-7) have at least one open time between 21 and 23h ? 20h is really too early, and 24h is very hard for my sleep => the night is shorten from 2am to 6-7am. If I'm alone annoyed, no problem, but I guess I'm not!
Thanks!
Uhm, don't get this, actually today was at 23h. You mean 21-22? but would be a bit too short I fear.

However as for next month big races:
Dwars at 21
Ronde at 22
Pais Vasco at 23
PR at 21
Brabant at 21
Amstel 21
Fleche at 23
LBL and Romandie at 21

So basically all inside your time

luques

Post by luques » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:05 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:41 am
luques wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 am
Idéfix wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 am
Hello !
Not specificly for April, but for all times^^
No problem with today's races as I did not watch carefully the proposed times for March in the calendar... but please for the future, could you make sure that at least WT races (cat 4-7) have at least one open time between 21 and 23h ? 20h is really too early, and 24h is very hard for my sleep => the night is shorten from 2am to 6-7am. If I'm alone annoyed, no problem, but I guess I'm not!
Thanks!
Uhm, don't get this, actually today was at 23h. You mean 21-22? but would be a bit too short I fear.

However as for next month big races:
Dwars at 21
Ronde at 22
Pais Vasco at 23
PR at 21
Brabant at 21
Amstel 21
Fleche at 23
LBL and Romandie at 21

So basically all inside your time
By "today" I mean what happens for Catalunya. 20h and 24h. Too much gap between those 2 times, especially for evening races...
Edit : to be clear, please set at least 1 time for important races between 21 and 23 (= 21/22/23). For Catalunya, it's really not comfortable!
Yea sry, saw it just now, was focused on the yesterday cat 4. Btw, won't happen in April ;)

scorpsche

Post by scorpsche » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Just minor question regarding the categories: Turkey tour is cat 2 while Tour of the Alps is cat3.

But in UCI calendar Turkey tour is a world tour ("WT") while Tour of the Alps is only hors categorie ("HC") which is lower.
TeamSWE - Best team in the universe!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:57 pm

scorpsche wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:41 pm
Just minor question regarding the categories: Turkey tour is cat 2 while Tour of the Alps is cat3.

But in UCI calendar Turkey tour is a world tour ("WT") while Tour of the Alps is only hors categorie ("HC") which is lower.
In my point of view UCI calendar is important but there are other important factors, like prestige, as well.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Was 3 in the first preview.
Only Gipfel commented, saying he thought 2 was better. One, a Donkey, kind of agreed, no other comments, 2 it is.

It's WT, but it's part of the WT that WT teams aren't required to ride. Seems 7 of the 18 WT Teams will start. And those most likely with their third string riders. Alps usually has around that number of WT Teams too, haven't checked this year, but usually with better riders. People like Nibali, Aru (not this year, out for a while) who don't care about the Fleche, prepare for LBL, often are there. You won't see any of those in Turkey.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:24 pm

Limburg done.

Paris Roubaix almost the same as last year. Some minor changes early on, thinking on some way to modify the thing without redoing it all, but probably won't work...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Doing Sicilia now. Finish either tomorrow or Monday.

Not sure about the GPMs, there seems to be 2 kind? green with a triangle, green with an S.... decided on cat 3 and cat 2? But couldn't find any info on how many points etc... if somebody does, post it. Otherwise will be cat 3 and cat 2.

And a little question. Am I expected to design everything except the things Gaurain does? See the first post if not...
But if that's the way it's expected, I already see a nice full month of May ahead. Romandie and Giro, rest fantasy (if necessary the same race every day, since fantasy designing is at a low too).

Tukhtahuaev

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:35 pm
And a little question. Am I expected to design everything except the things Gaurain does? See the first post if not...
I'll help out then and do the annoying Turkey Tour

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:08 pm

Thanks for the annoying Turkey!

Sicilia finished too.

Tukhtahuaev

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:06 pm

I can also do Tour of the Alps this weekend

Don't ask about KOM placement on the last stage. Doesn't make any sense to me
Last edited by Tukhtahuaev on Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:57 pm

Donkey loves Tukh!

Did Paris Roubaix.

Track from la Flamme rouge 3 km too short, added 3 km in the beginning.

Since the pavé rating from ASO isn't out yet (I guess, or maybe I couldn't find it, but is usually rather late, so I think not out yet) I took the ratings from la flamme rouge. If the ASO ratings come out early enough, and there are important changes in the end, will cancel the thing, adapt and reupload with the new ratings. Changes early.... we'll let that pass I guess. Risky seems the last pavé, was 2 the 2 last years here, flamme rouge said 3, so 3 for the moment.

Distances: La Flamme Rouge and the ASO site had different lengths at times, took the ASO lenghts.

Online now, if somebody finds blatant mistakes, mention it here.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:16 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:16 pm
OK, multiple suggestions here:

5.) Amstel, Fleche Wallone, L-B-L: Again, I suggest something like 9-14-18-21-23. Doesn't have to be exactly like this for all big classics, but if you wanna change that, I would only say everything one hour later, so 10-15-19-22-24? At least this 11 o'clock... I don't know... Maybe on the weekend it actually works? But on a weekday, I don't understand 11h.
Well when I see Gent Wevelgem 11h with only Semper and me, please don't give 11h anymore at the important Classics

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:20 pm

Same thing with yesterday 17h. Especially when there is big parallel program (2 tours), not good to use these unusual times...

Anyways, I also see why including them sometimes is good to make players happy who like these unusual times, so not too much a fault of the calendar team. The real problem is, that nobody does anything to increase the number of players. Another cycling season starts, another opportunity gone to advertise for new players.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:03 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:20 pm
Same thing with yesterday 17h. Especially when there is big parallel program (2 tours), not good to use these unusual times...

Anyways, I also see why including them sometimes is good to make players happy who like these unusual times, so not too much a fault of the calendar team. The real problem is, that nobody does anything to increase the number of players. Another cycling season starts, another opportunity gone to advertise for new players.
Well Catalunya and Wevelgem are big races, Coppi&Bartali isn't really needed. As Sicilia or Turkey. But we can't predict in advance there will have 2-3 groups only.
What do you to do to increase number of players ?

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:51 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:03 pm
What do you to do to increase number of players ?
Good question. Requires long answer. And could be a complete new topic. But trying a short one: Hire a new developer, who improves the game, as Buh and leso don't care anymore and luques has not enough time, maybe also not the skill for everything, not sure. Well, and then it's not even necessary to improve much. Just bugfix and maybe a bit cleaner/modern design. Then try to re-activate some players. Then do some guerilla marketing around big events. A bit of e-mailing and posting in forums and social media around Giro, TdF etc. Doesn't need to be expensive at all. Cooperate with other cycling pages. They give you advertisement. You give them advertising. Try these little steps, re-iterate, improve the game etc...

All of this has been mentioned by others before... Not sure who can do it, but obviously just waiting will only lead to decrease of players. Would be interesting to see some numbers again, but I feel like it has decreased again during the winter break.
GIP MASTERPLAN

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Dwars door Vlaanderen also at 11h and 16h... Parallel to a tour. Maybe I am wrong because it's a Wednesday and not a Sunday, but wouldn't 9 or 10, 14 or 15 be much better for the "day" players?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:32 pm

You're wrong, you're wrong. Somehow.

I cleverly waited until today, to see how the participation would be: twice 8 teams, both 11 and 16. (At least I think) So that's neither exceptionally good, nor exceptionally bad. Was a bit afraid it would look worse. Not necessarily because of the times, but because there's a tour parallel.

I like to move it around a bit. Yes, but a weekday classic you say? Yes I say. Occasionally a weekday classic can be at 11. And at 16. It's not like we have them at 11-16 all the time. Now April with 4 of them, DVV, Schelde, Brabant and Fleche, I thought, and still think, that ONE of them can be at 11. And at 16. And feel vindicated by the participation. :P (Imagine me with my tongue out dancing in front of the screen now) It's unlikely we'll have more of those weekday classics at 11/16 this year. One is enough (There aren't that many left either) And

But by now I had a new brilliant idea, maybe it would be better not to offer 11-16, but once 10-16, once 11-15, So that the subgroup you're part of, the morning-afternoon office guys, that get into a bit of trouble with the lunch break and end of work, at least have one time that shouldn't overlap with the run out of the office.

But why insist on this 11 or 16 if it's so unpopular?

1) It's actually not that unpopular. Again, don't ask me why, but 11 often has ok numbers. Or not that dissimilar to 10, sometimes good, sometimes horrible, often average. 16 I think the dropoff is a bit bigger, but not big enough to warrant a complete cancellation of the time.

2) Avoid the tyranny of the majority. I think that's important too. Let's just suppose 9 is clearly the most popular time in the morning. 9= regularly 15 teams. 10 only 10 teams. So offer only 9? NO. Because then we leave out those that can't at 9, even if it's only very few people. So put in 10 as well, even if 9 was more popular. On the same principle, 11. And 16. And even for the occasional midweek classic. What is it, one per year? Or was it even longer since we had one?
Like GTs. Don't always offer the same. For example GTs, I was a proponent of 9-10-11 and 14-15-16 one GT each for a long time. By now I'm ok with no 11, and well, 16... probably better not anymore either. (But think the Vuelta was there last year?)Right now we have an nonbinding poll for the Giro. Let's say the majority wants the Giro at 9-14. I would then put the Tour at 10-15. Of course then reward the people active in the forum is another rule, so if then a number of people demand "9 not 10!", "Down with 10, free the 9", then ok, let's have 9 again. But in theory, I would be for switching GT times for the morning and afternoon. 9/10, 14/15. From 18 on it's all more complicated somehow... 18-20-22 and 19-21-23? could work though. If it's 5 each we could go that way.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:19 am

Yep, I was wrong about DdV. Attendance was surprisingly good! But at least for me, it was like i wrote to Pokemon in the main chat. I specifically arranged that I can ride at 11, because it was the only time for me yesterday it's been possible, and I wanted to race it. So I rode at 11, but it was kind of inconvenient, at least to me. So the question is: Would 9,10 and 14,15 have been better? I don't know. The question I ask myself (ignorantly): Are there players who prefer 11, 12 and 16,17 to other race times?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:41 am

team fl wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:19 am
Yep, I was wrong about DdV. Attendance was surprisingly good! But at least for me, it was like i wrote to Pokemon in the main chat. I specifically arranged that I can ride at 11, because it was the only time for me yesterday it's been possible, and I wanted to race it. So I rode at 11, but it was kind of inconvenient, at least to me. So the question is: Would 9,10 and 14,15 have been better? I don't know. The question I ask myself (ignorantly): Are there players who prefer 11, 12 and 16,17 to other race times?
I fully follow FL on his point. Ok was good for 11, 16 and 24h yesterday. But I don't forget that we were only 2 at 11 for Wevelgem. But ok small group can happen at 21h too. The main point I think is the attractivity of the times propose. Do you really think that some who play at 24h can't play at 23h ? Is it really at the game to adapt of players schedules, or at players to adapt of the game schedule ?

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:46 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:57 pm
Donkey loves Tukh!

Did Paris Roubaix.

Track from la Flamme rouge 3 km too short, added 3 km in the beginning.

Since the pavé rating from ASO isn't out yet (I guess, or maybe I couldn't find it, but is usually rather late, so I think not out yet) I took the ratings from la flamme rouge. If the ASO ratings come out early enough, and there are important changes in the end, will cancel the thing, adapt and reupload with the new ratings. Changes early.... we'll let that pass I guess. Risky seems the last pavé, was 2 the 2 last years here, flamme rouge said 3, so 3 for the moment.

Distances: La Flamme Rouge and the ASO site had different lengths at times, took the ASO lenghts.

Online now, if somebody finds blatant mistakes, mention it here.
Well, about the last cobble section, I wonder why we have no consistency at all over the years... it's the same every year but has a dreadfully different rating each time :

2015 : *
2016 : * (pokémon)
2017 : *** (leso)
2018 : **/** (pokemon)
2019 : ***/*** (Rkl)

So, 3 years ago it was an unsignificant part of the race, now looks like another decisive section.

Well, wikipedia told the sector was upgraded to cat 3 instead of cat 2 in 2017..; So basically I understand we follow this trend. What I rather less understand is that we make it longer! I mean, it's 1400m... If we follow the same logic, Paterberg should be something like 11****!

So basically, going to *** looks consistent with the official info... But ***/* or ***/** would be more consistent considering the lenght of the section.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:20 am

Thanks. Makes sense, will adapt and reupload it.
* or **? And the *** first or second?

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:20 am
Hardest km at the end imo cause on the official Website, it's written that the section begins at 7,5 and finishes at 6km from the final line.
* or ** for the first km is up to the designer imo.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:52 am

gaurain rx wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 am
Robyklebt wrote:
Hardest km at the end imo cause on the official Website, it's written that the section begins at 7,5 and finishes at 6km from the final line.
* or ** for the first km is up to the designer imo.. even if, if 400m, I'm more for *.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:21 pm

gaurain rx wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:52 am
gaurain rx wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 am
Robyklebt wrote:
* or ** for the first km is up to the designer imo.. even if, if 400m, I'm more for *.
I choose ** and not *** because in reality tthe last cobbles sector isn't that much decisive else if it is harder than before. In the game *** is to hard. So **/** looks nice to me.