October 2018

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

luques

October 2018

Post by luques » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:34 am

luques

Re: October 2018

Post by luques » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:35 am

Most of this probably also discussed in the off season topic.
Pavè tour will be for the winner of the competition viewtopic.php?f=14&p=98540

olmania

Post by olmania » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:40 pm

What about the dirt roads of the new profile of Paris-Tours ? ** ? * ?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:25 am

Just for information: red means not on original date.
Blue fantasy.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:06 am

Official prensentation of Binche will be on the 26th of september, I guess then we'll have more info about the circuit then! Anyway, I want to adapt the last km in any case. it deserves more than *... ** would be better!

olmania

Post by olmania » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 am

Did that one. No idea if it's similar profile as last year; but when I draw it, it looks totally different.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Same problem as with something in September OL.
For the palmares the title of the race has to be exactly the same as the years before it seems, so no 2018. And since last year it was Tour de Vendee with accent aigue, no accent aigue this time either. Furthermore those accents and äüö etc all cause a finance bug nowadays... so should be avoided anyway. Not sure what to do if the 2 problems clash btw Luques. Race had é so far, keep the é and then run your correction program after the bug, or drop the é and say bye to the palmares?

Rest. Times all ok, no complaints? Change of dates for some races etc?
Not written in the proposal, but since 4 times for 1 day races wasn't popular with one user (2, if you include me, since I agree) think about going back to fix 5 one day races per day. But well, that will mean smaller fields during the parallel tours. Better ideas? Go to 4 during tours? Go to 4 when there's 2 tours? 7 editions Hainan-Pavé... 5 1 day races or 4? Since I think the one day races are the life line, the safety race, I'd go for 5. Even if there will be small groups.

Then let's insult Coro and induce another superiority attack in the poor guy, and let's talk about the second part of the calendar in October. The, oh horror, FANTASY part. Partly fantasy at least.
In the offseason thread I proposed to start the Andes 1 week later, and have a fantasy 5/6 day Portugal Tour (as make up for not riding the real Portugal tour this year) AND an old nice looking Tour, North Iraq before the Andes. Most of the time in the past the Andes have started later than in FLs proposal (03.11.)anyway so wouldn't be a break with tradition. Since this fantastic proposal has been completely ignored there, I try here, maybe other people have an opinion on that.

Ah, one more thing about Portugal, if it isn't popular, so far nobody seems to care, we can drop it too, no problem with me at all. If it is wanted, somebody ask some of the portuguese if they want to design something, or do it yourself...I never meet any of the portuguese in my races... don't even know if they are still playing.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

luques

Post by luques » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:45 pm
Same problem as with something in September OL.
For the palmares the title of the race has to be exactly the same as the years before it seems, so no 2018. And since last year it was Tour de Vendee with accent aigue, no accent aigue this time either. Furthermore those accents and äüö etc all cause a finance bug nowadays... so should be avoided anyway. Not sure what to do if the 2 problems clash btw Luques. Race had é so far, keep the é and then run your correction program after the bug, or drop the é and say bye to the palmares?
Always better to avoid accents for the moment, for palmares I can also fix it manually later.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:43 am

Sluitingprijs 2017 version is similar to 2018!

Rasmussen

Post by Rasmussen » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Turkey and Guanxi really category 3? That will only made some teams ride these shitty races instead of the great italian classics. :? Ok during Guanxi no classics but if we downgrade Turkey we also have to downgrade Guanxi.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Agree. Downgrade those tours. Well, I voted for eliminating them from calendar. So downgrade still better than doing nothing.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

luques

Post by luques » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:30 pm

I understand they are probably not the most popular, but Guanxi is a UWT race, last year the GC was:

Wellens
Mollema
Roche
Alaphilippe
Hermans

In the start list there was also riders as Fuglsang, Oss, Vanmarcke, De Gendt, Amador, Gaviria, Landa....
A cat 2 would mean less than Dunkerque and Burgos (only 4 WT Teams present)...

Coroncina2

Post by Coroncina2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Paris Tour cat 5
Milano Torino cat 4
Master or C4F said France race have more prestige… :roll:
We have a Donkey a Pokemon and a Piccione! Fuck the UCI :lol:

Till race cat. just give points I don't care much how we decide these caterogy. But if you want determine the money with these catergories I would like to know the caterogy of almost all races to plan better my season. In this case the winner of Milano Torino will have less money than who win Paris Tour, but If you just follow UCI cat. they have same price.
Mens sana in corpore sano

olmania

Post by olmania » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Did the name update :

scorpsche

Post by scorpsche » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Turkey Tour isn't designed yet, or? Maybe I give it a try and do sth. useful...
TeamSWE - Best team in the universe!

olmania

Post by olmania » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:42 pm

scorpsche wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:33 pm
I checked few days ago, I could not find any info about KOM. Is there a climbing jersey and they did not upload necessary info or no climbing jersey on that tour ?

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:51 pm

olmania wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:42 pm
scorpsche wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:33 pm
I checked few days ago, I could not find any info about KOM. Is there a climbing jersey and they did not upload necessary info or no climbing jersey on that tour ?

There is a climbing jersey: http://www.tourofturkey.org.tr/EN/iceri ... -jerseys-6

But I also can't find any information about KOMs...
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

scorpsche

Post by scorpsche » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Beginner question: what is "KOM"?
TeamSWE - Best team in the universe!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 pm

scorpsche wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:58 pm
GPM

Hunsrueck

Post by Hunsrueck » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:48 pm

scorpsche wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:58 pm
Bergwertungen

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:19 pm

Pavé Tour parralel to Hainan :-(

Imo, I wouldn't put any Tour parralel to Pavé Tour. Participation last year was quite bad (5 teams/field axcept 1 with 6). Hainan particpation was quite correct (except afternoon Hainan with 4 participants). Ok well, so cutting Hainan afternoon definitely makes sense!

Anyway, I think that those 2 tours attracts similar kind of team (Hainan suits flat teams, pavé Tour is also good for good flat team), so putting them together is not good.

Wouldn't it be wiser and possible to ride Pavé Tour in the begin of November to boost a bit participation?

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:39 pm

gaurain rx wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:19 pm
Pavé Tour parralel to Hainan :-(

Imo, I wouldn't put any Tour parralel to Pavé Tour. Participation last year was quite bad (5 teams/field axcept 1 with 6). Hainan particpation was quite correct (except afternoon Hainan with 4 participants). Ok well, so cutting Hainan afternoon definitely makes sense!
Poke and I were anti Hainan from the beginning. Maybe we are lucky and nobody designs that thing although 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 is really easy to design... Or somebody throws it out of calendar. Let's see.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm

It's not 0 0 0 0 0 0. Usually there's at least one harder stage, or 2, maybe even 3?
It's a more challenging tour than China II for sure.
Actually when Aux designs it it's 8-9+15-13 because he designs it next to the real road :lol:
Otherwise., last year Coroncina did a good job with it.
In calendar... real race, and from all the chinese stuff, China I, China II, Taihu, Fuzhou, Qinghai, it's the only one that IMO has a legitimate claim to be ridden here.
1) There is often one or 2 WT teams at the start, with their weakest riders, but still. The ones mentioned before don't have that.
2) It doesn't collide with any other real race.

I of course don't plan to ride Hainan anytime soon, but for some reason for some here it seems very important, so let's have it.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:13 pm

But the Gaurain point definitely makes sense now that I think of it.
Of course he could have posted that a week ago, we're the 25th, the day that Donks would like to have all finalized, grrrr.
Hainan+Pavé at the same time... not ideal. True.
Put it in early November? Portugal and North Iraq at this time? Or cut this Portugal think all together since nobody cares about it it seems?
Let's hope Luques reads here, before he takes the final decision.

In other news:

Münsterland Giro: Donks will do it, but can't find any intermediate info for the moment.
Emilia: 14 or so km shorter, an extra loop that was in last year cut, not cleanly, tried the same with our 17 profile, worked, not super clean, but IMO well enough.

luques

Post by luques » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:03 pm

So...

Portugal out. Hainan stays in, parallel with pavè tour.
I can't find a better way to organize them.

Hainan is often requested and gets a good partecipation.
As for pavè tour doesn't seem to me really a question of what is in parallel, in January when there was nothing in parallel but people preferred to play single races. Imo, is just that pavè isn't attractive for many people.

Maybe this year having a new design may bring some fresh air, let's see. In any case it has the priority in terms of time.

Turkey stays in, it's a UCI World Tour after all, category inferior to the classic in parallel anyway.