August 2018

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: August 2018

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:19 pm

Donkey doing Denmark.

Lots of sprints in stage one, but only the last 2 give bonus seconds it seems, so only those as sprints here.

5 at the finish
3 km gravel road, without checking went for 1, and on the GPM km, so one is earlier.
TT
Sprint
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Hunsrueck wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:26 pm
Deutschland Tour 2018

Stage3

Stage4
@Hunsrueck, thank you for designing Deutschland Tour 2018. Would you mind doublechecking the altitude of start/finish and the circuits? Just from looking at the designs, I can see that the circuits have some errors because they are not identical. I just quoted stage 3 and 4 because it is really obvious but as such it would also be nice if you can check stage 1 and 2 also again. Would be nice to have logical circuits for this tour :)

Sometimes it also helps if you add some cities or names of mountains, for others to understand the profile but also for your own orientation during designing ;)

@Roby and Luques
I'd kind of prefer Arctic over Colorado because it is more unique in reallife to me somehow. But I get Roby's anti classics critique, so nevermind if you choose Colorado.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:16 pm

If I got it correctly, Luques thought he just leaves it up to the first one that is designed, so if you were to volunteer for Arctic, most likely that's what it would be.
My first instinct was to support Arctic too actually, Colorado mountains, with the Vuelta and Burgos enough of that... but ok, with Pologne (haven't looked at the parcours, so don't know for sure) and especially Binck Bank, which is even parallel somehow after all Colorado seemed more fitting....
But if more people want Arctic... Anyway, think decision should be there soon.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:46 pm

I'd go for Colorado too, because of the same reasons you already posted.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

luques

Post by luques » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:23 am

New and final version of the calendar on.

Colorado!

Still doubting for 4 editions of the classics but if nobody says nothing ehm, approved.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Bink Bank Tour almost done... Stage 6 (Riems - Sittard Geleen) missing. I won't have time to design it before monday so if anybody feels like designing that one, he's free to do it :-)

Coroncina2

Post by Coroncina2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:57 am

Sorry but why at some time 2 tour at same time and 1 with 2 edition other with 4? Category or other criteria? Btw I don't know how and if I will play any of this tour. But probably some one need to play the tour with 4 edition at this time😁
Mens sana in corpore sano

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Donkey designs Pologne.

What still needs to be done:

Burgos
Colorado
Hamburg: new parcours, not online on their site yet.
Plouay: new, on their site
Vuelta: The donkey still refuses to have anything to do with the Vuelta, that includes designing. So if nobody volunteers it will simply not be designed. For the rest as usual I'll do the "clean-up", meaning if nobody else does it, Donkey does, not for this. Blame lesossies :lol:

Other 1 day races:
Great War rememberance: new, needs to be done.
Rest: Haven't checked, most likely same as years before..

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Since the old leso version had no track, redid it.
One 6 in the circuit now, it's 6,5% over 820 meters, 5,5% over 1km.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Can do Burgos, probably today.

For Vuelta, unfortunately no time, neither to design it nor to ride it.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:23 pm

Pologne

Remaining 2 stages tomorrow

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:28 am

Bink Bank finished

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:16 am

Done, will be online later today, no time right now.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:44 pm

All designed stuff on.
Deutschland tour the thing Gipfelstuermer objected to doesn't seem to have been corrected? (If I read the time it was saved right) But not sure what it was, on stage 4 the last 2 mountains seem basically the same?

Needs to be designed:

Colorado: Is on their website. Donkey can do it, later. So if somebody feels like designing, rather do some Vuelta stages than this, Colorado I can do, Vuelta not, ethical reasons!
Hamburg: Not on yet I think, didn't check today. But new course announced there.
Zottegem and Veenendaal, couldn't find anything on their sites, ZOttegem some weird language says something about 2nd of August. Veenendaal no clue, seems to be there but can't find it?
Great War rememberance: Couldn't find the route on their site.
VUELTA
Mandel bla bla: On, seems different.
Druiven...: NOt on yet on their site.

Stuff that isn't on yet, might be the same as last year, so possibly no need to design.

Second pavé race: Zottegem had pavé last year, not hard, but well.. .depending on how it is this year, that will be the second pavé race. If not pavé enough, a fantasy hill-pavé race will be put on for the 30st.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:22 pm

on stage 4 the last 2 mountains seem basically the same?
Is that your new designing approach? "Basically the same" is good enough? Then please help us god...

So now nobody cares and when the tour is online, people will wonder, why there are circuits which have different %. Maybe only wonder, maybe complain about bad design, maybe call it a fantasy tour, ok ok.
GIP MASTERPLAN

luques

Post by luques » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:29 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:22 pm
on stage 4 the last 2 mountains seem basically the same?
Is that your new designing approach? "Basically the same" is good enough? Then please help us god...

So now nobody cares and when the tour is online, people will wonder, why there are circuits which have different %. Maybe only wonder, maybe complain about bad design, maybe call it a fantasy tour, ok ok.
On stage 4 they are the same 1-2-1-1-8-0 and they reach the same height, if this was the doubt.

Coroncina2

Post by Coroncina2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:14 pm

If nobody else can do Vuelta I may help with some stages. At the moment I'm in Livigno and I'll come home Sunday. Some not important stage because I would play Vuelta for win it.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:19 pm

luques wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:29 am
On stage 4 they are the same 1-2-1-1-8-0 and they reach the same height, if this was the doubt.
Puh, not sure what worries me more. That you and the Donkey don't see it or that Hunsrueck doesn't even care about his own design...

So now you really make me look at the kilometers.

Stage 4:
Circuit #1: +1 +2 +1 +1 +8 0 -1 -4 -5 -3
Circuit #2: +1 +2 +1 +1 +8 0 -2 -3 -6 -1

Stage 3:
It's not 2x a complete circuit but nearly, so I put down only the part that I'm sure is identical:
Nohn & Mettlach summit #1: +1 0 +1 +1 +8 +4 -2 +6 +4 -1 0 -3 0 -7 -9 -4 +5 +4 -7
Nohn & Mettlach summit #2: 0 +1 +1 +2 +4 +7 0 +2 +6 +2 -3 +1 -1 -3 -9 -6 0 +8 -4

Ah maybe it is so imprecise you didn't even realize it is a circuit! Because it's also not written in Hunsrueck profile. Total altitude and Stage 2 and 1 I didn't even check, maybe they don't have circuits but probably not designed very precisely either.

It's really the big disadvantage of flamme rouge .gpx-files or organizers uploading .gpx-files. Designers sometimes don't take care anymore. Well, I can design any race in 1 or 2 minutes like that but then it's really gonna be a fantasy tour.

To be clear, nothing against Hunsrueck here, probably just didn't have the time to do it correctly, but would be nice if we had more designers or designers with more time or both.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:21 am

Deutschland: Stage 4 I don't really see a problem. Actually finishing with -1 is better than with -3, since usually even if the last km is mostly downhill, the last 200 +meters are flatter. And you could argue that the whole km is -3 (no clue it is) but for a last km better at -1 since at RSF that's what the sprint will be in reality, so for RSF the whole km. But yes, I'm aware that most likely it's just not doing the circuit as circuit.
Stage 3, ok, didn't really see it as a circiut. Wrote to Huns too late to check it again, since I didn't see exactly what the problem was. Ok, would have been nice to have a real circuit, agree.

But it's only the Deutschland Tour, nobody in his right mind will ride this. HA!

Donkey doing Colorado:

stage 1

Dirt road climb, sometimes GPM. Since that's buggy, on GPM laps no dirt road, otherwise 1. Can't really find on which laps it is a GPM or what category, so trusted la Flamme Rouge for the laps and made it a 3.

stage 2 ITT

Stage 3
The GPM are again "fantasy", can't find anything on the site. Last year not all seemed to give the same points, Some 4-3-2-1, some 6-.... so here 1 cat 2... Plus they put their GPMs in weird places at times.

stage 4

Flat, sprint, 14,6 circuit, up to 15, that's why in the end longer than in reality,

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:23 am

Coroncina2 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:14 pm
If nobody else can do Vuelta I may help with some stages. At the moment I'm in Livigno and I'll come home Sunday. Some not important stage because I would play Vuelta for win it.
Go for it after your altitude training...
And no need to worry too much about "you play for win", do whatever stages you like to do (and can do), if somebody thinks somebody isn't correct, he/she/it can complain here before it's online.

Coroncina2

Post by Coroncina2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:43 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:23 am
Coroncina2 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:14 pm
Go for it after your altitude training...
And no need to worry too much about "you play for win", do whatever stages you like to do (and can do), if somebody thinks somebody isn't correct, he/she/it can complain here before it's online.
;)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Hamburg and Veenendaal done. No info to be found about sprints or so (we had in the past) for Veenendaal.

Hamburg the Waseberg at 7 like last year, 8 as we had before that clearly too much, 700 meters at almost 10%, going up almost 70 meters, 7 fits. IDO (in Donks opinion)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:01 am

Omloop Mandel-Leie-Schelde
Redone, longer loop before the short one this year.

Zottegem
Lange Munte stays **-**-*, Paddestraat down to **,

Vlaamse Druivenkoers seems the same (although not sure about the IS we have there), so only one missing is Great War Rememberance. Donkey will do that later this week...

So if anybody feels an urge to design, look to September... :lol:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:07 pm

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:36 pm

There is no one day race in the morning tomorrow, despite the Vuelta being the only parallel race. Is that meant to be?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.