June 2018

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: June 2018

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 31, 2018 10:36 am

Definitely trolling.
And no won't be drawn (by me at least) today.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

scorpsche

Post by scorpsche » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 8:07 am
Trolling if you want, but discover Slovenia and Adriatica maybe the last day if by miracle you feel you are able to draw it isn't a good thing.
I watched the websites of these tours assuming the RSF profiles will be similar.
TeamSWE - Best team in the universe!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:41 pm

You're a hero! Incredible. A genius. I thought nobody would be able to do that himself/herself!!! Only a link here from Luques or me could lead people to those sites. At least that's what Poke said, and I always believe him. But you proved him wrong!

Anyway:

Slovenia done:

What isn't done yet for this month:

- Horsens Posten: We have something, but looks different. NOthing on La Flemme rouge yet, so a hassle to design right now..
- Adriatica Ionica There on La flemme rouge
- Paris Chauny? Nothing there yet on their site. We have something from 2015 though, so might be the same, once they post their stuff.
Rest all done

edit:
NC for July first nothing done yet. Usually for the real ones we take as many real routes as possible, lots of them online at la flamme rouge already.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

scorpsche

Post by scorpsche » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:41 pm
You're a hero! Incredible. A genius. I thought nobody would be able to do that himself/herself!!! Only a link here from Luques or me could lead people to those sites. At least that's what Poke said, and I always believe him. But you proved him wrong!
Well in the matter you might be right...but I agree with Poke: for sure you are the biggest RSF troll in the universe ;)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:29 am

Quote for him saying that?

scorpsche

Post by scorpsche » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:54 am

Oh actually it was you saying that about him.
But since he is not and you are...it is a reflecting statement :lol:

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Well nothing was show, but your duty to provides as much as information you can give. You just seems lazy now you know La Flamme Rouge. But anyway not really important as long I win races and Div 1

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:48 am

Trolling away again... Blabbering about imaginary duties...

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:16 am

Hunsrueck wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:20 pm
Tour de Suisse 2018

Stage 1 Team Time Trial
Stage 9 ITT
Stage 2 profile looks wrong. It i s a circuit but it looks like the profile changes for every lap. Different % for the interemdiates to the same point, different % for the hill up to the GPM. In the last lap, it changes even from 6,5 to 7,6 which changes the character of the race completely. I don't know how this happened. Unfortuantely it's way too late to change something, and I wasn't earlier either to have a look at it... but could you please post a link to the detailed profile next time and not just the profile pictures.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Yes, looks like a beginner's mistake and a bit weird for all players of the race.

But, to defend the designer (a bit), if nobody checks, mistakes can happen. Here is how to view the full profile for checking:
1. Right-Click on the profile picture
2. "Copy image address"
3. Paste somewhere (in this case gives: http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... 1526667533)
4. Retrieve race name (In this case: tour_de_suisse_2018_stage_2)
5. Open http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/c4fraceeditor.php
6. Enter race name .c4f (in this case: tour_de_suisse_2018_stage_2.c4f)
7. "load file from server"
8. Look at profile and please help with suggestions!

Don't blame the designer, but help him! Designing is not always easy (tunnels, bridges, bad descriptions by race organizers, no street view, etc. pp.). And designers will usually appreciate your help. For instance, CC was happy to let me edit his Dauphine after I checked it.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:11 pm
Yes, looks like a beginner's mistake and a bit weird for all players of the race.

But, to defend the designer (a bit), if nobody checks, mistakes can happen. Here is how to view the full profile for checking:
1. Right-Click on the profile picture
2. "Copy image address"
3. Paste somewhere (in this case gives: http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... 1526667533)
4. Retrieve race name (In this case: tour_de_suisse_2018_stage_2)
5. Open http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/c4fraceeditor.php
6. Enter race name .c4f (in this case: tour_de_suisse_2018_stage_2.c4f)
7. "load file from server"
8. Look at profile and please help with suggestions!

Don't blame the designer, but help him! Designing is not always easy (tunnels, bridges, bad descriptions by race organizers, no street view, etc. pp.). And designers will usually appreciate your help. For instance, CC was happy to let me edit his Dauphine after I checked it.
Totally. And as I wrote, it's way too late and I should have looked at it earlier. Nevertheless, just putting the link below the profile picture sounds less complicated than these 8 steps for every stage profile ;). Anyway, I could have looked at it as soon as it was in the game. But I didn't until I looked at the profile this morning to prepare for the race in the afternoon... Still there is some little responsibility for the designer too ;).

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:29 pm

team fl wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:22 pm
Still there is some little responsibility for the designer too ;).
I agree! People want to design, they also need to take responsibility.

However, with such a low number of designers, I am happy about everyone who is designing and I believe most of them don't do mistakes on purpose. (Well, some might be tempted to change profiles for their team, but hard to prove that.)

In that sense, I am also happy about everyone who checks the designs! So please continue to criticize :) Just wanted to provide a way to check the profile in detail, which is in the race editor.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:29 pm
team fl wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:22 pm
Still there is some little responsibility for the designer too ;).
I agree! People want to design, they also need to take responsibility.

However, with such a low number of designers, I am happy about everyone who is designing and I believe most of them don't do mistakes on purpose. (Well, some might be tempted to change profiles for their team, but hard to prove that.)

In that sense, I am also happy about everyone who checks the designs! So please continue to criticize :) Just wanted to provide a way to check the profile in detail, which is in the race editor.
I would never presume such a thing. Hunsrueck is a very active member of the community and not only as a designer, I respect that. And I believe the same thing is true about most designers. And esp. because of that and Hunsrueck's experience as a designer, I was a bit surprised about such a "rookie" mistake. But I am sure, he just overlooked it somehow, as I haven't thought about checking it. Happens...

I hope this to be understood as constructive criticism. And as I don't have time / priority to start designing again myself, I try to have an earlier look at profiles to help you do your job. Now I have to find a way to win on the current profile 8-)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:13 pm

La Flamme rouge. When it's laps it's usually better to delete all but one lap and then copy that one lap x times. But it can be a a hassle to find the lap start and end (not in this case) and for shitraces.... I don't always care.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 pm

scorpsche

Post by scorpsche » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm

What about Adriatica Ionica?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Isn't designed yet.. if nobody else does it I'll do in on Friday.