November 2017

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

rsv flaschbier

Re: November 2017

Post by rsv flaschbier » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Right now there is no race for TT-riders in november. I think there should be at least one ITT or TTT race per month.
(Yes there are 2 TT-stages in Andes, but that's it)

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:34 pm

4x Fuzhou while having 5x Andes is probably too much. Hope it will not be too much competition for Andes and still attractive races. But not sure about that! Also, that's Fuzhou 2016. Should invent some category 0 for such races.

I mean, thanks Roby for the design, but probably not a good plan for the calendar.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

luques

Post by luques » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:49 pm

Well at the end of the day, the shitty short race had 56 managers, GP Palermo had 33. Ok the first one had one edition more, let's remove the best edition there, and still we get a fair 32 vs 33. So basically not that much of difference.

For me again it means that there are more people than what I thought that actually like that format.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 pm

what about singkarak?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Singkarak no usable information even now, so obviously nobody designed it.

In place of it we'll have a 5 day fantasy tour and then a 4 day fantasy tour.
5 day Libya,

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5193&p=96064#p96064

will be on later today, unless there's a wave of protests til then.

Favorite for the 4 day tour later right now is Cebu

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5362#p95905

But, please please clipper, do the recalculate altitude thing.

Won't be on today, later, but again, if there's a wave of protest might change.
Times normally the same, even since some (weird) people might have form for Singkarak which was announced (would have been hilly/sprinty, with at least one mountain top arrival but no TT, so somehow similar enough)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

RS Coesitz

Post by RS Coesitz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 pm

I think it is better to do a tour which has a profile like the Singkarak had. I guess teams like me set the sprinter form for this tour, now there will be a mountain tour...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Libya is somehow close enough... Singkarak would most likely have been quite many sprints, but for sure one mountain top arrival (not clear how tough) and maybe some hilly stages?
Cebu fits much less, yes, but do you have a good proposal?
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

RS Coesitz

Post by RS Coesitz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Do the Israel Tour I designed :lol: I don´t have a big view on the tours available and you are right, Lybia is quite close. The drawings looked like there are more hills. And anyway: the starting times weren´t good for me, so I did not sign in now. Everything fine, thank you for caring!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Not sure where to mention it, but as I review Andes, many people noted (not to say 'complained') relatively low participation even if Roby said participiation was "surprisingly high". Well, that it was surprisingly high and still low, means that we should try to improve the Nr. of Teams / Race. So, please, if we have to have more than 1 tour at the same time, can we please decrease the number of editions to 3 or max. 4 / tour. Having 8-9 tours + 4-5 one day races, is a little bit too much. We should try to get closer to on average min. 10 teams / race.

Would be cool if we could take that into account for December 2017 and then 2018.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:26 pm

IMO probably 5 main, 3 parallel would be a good solution (for Dec tour, Andes you're right, would have better been only 4 editions)

Coroncina2

Post by Coroncina2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:44 pm

If I can say my opinion, it is not that by reducing the number of groups then automatically there are more teams per group.
There are players who do not have all day off to pick the time they like and can only play for real-life reasons at certain times. Therefore it should be considered that decreasing the hours offered also decreases the total of teams that can play.
Along with the Andean tour, which was famously won by climbers in parallel, was proposed Fuzhou (for climbers also) Libya (flat tour for cassices or sprinter) and from 23/11 (last day of the Andes) Cebu (for cronoman with climb). Considering the participation in the groups should be considered the tour offer. If at the same time there are tours with climbers like Ande + Fuzhou it is obvious that they will only play one type of teams and the others will be cut off.
As mentioned here viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5346 , you could schedule the calendar from the general participation statistics. it would be interesting to know the participation data with the indication of what tours were made over the months and the relevant times.
Now, however, to simplify, you could make a brief count of all teams by subdividing them by type (some super teams have a lot of options so it can be considered 2 times).
If you think it's useful and does not get a personal advantage :? , I can do this "census" ;) .
Mens sana in corpore sano

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Coroncina2 wrote:If I can say my opinion,
please
Coroncina2 wrote:it is not that by reducing the number of groups then automatically there are more teams per group.
likely
Coroncina2 wrote:There are players who do not have all day off to pick the time they like and can only play for real-life reasons at certain times.
most
Coroncina2 wrote:Therefore it should be considered that decreasing the hours offered also decreases the total of teams that can play.
Correct
Coroncina2 wrote:Along with the Andean tour, which was famously won by climbers
Wrong
Coroncina2 wrote:in parallel, was proposed Fuzhou (for climbers also)
Wrong
Coroncina2 wrote:Libya (flat tour for cassices or sprinter)
and
Coroncina2 wrote:Considering the participation in the groups should be considered the tour offer.
Correct
Coroncina2 wrote:If at the same time there are tours with climbers like Ande + Fuzhou it is obvious that they will only play one type of teams and the others will be cut off.
Wrong
Coroncina2 wrote:As mentioned here viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5346 , you could schedule the calendar from the general participation statistics.
Logic
Coroncina2 wrote:If you think it's useful and does not get a personal advantage
funny
Coroncina2 wrote: I can do this "census"
go

Hope that was short enough for you.