February 2017

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

High Flyer

Re: February 2017

Post by High Flyer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:12 am

sgumgub wrote:
High Flyer wrote:Without saying, atleast we can say that the whole hysteria about 4 parallel tours and one days races having tiny registration was wrong. It wasn't so bad, of course there are a few 3 or 4 man races / tours buts overall 6 or 7 man races can still work out pretty good. I think there is a perfect combo between tours and one days races, and this was risky, but overall quite good.
agreed...but I still cant believe that they did not cancel the 2teams Dubai edition^^
Online: 0

Offline: 2
MG Technogym(123)
Team Viromet(124)
I mean for real...this is sad to look at. Absolutely no grasp for that decision
I know this goes off-topic but I think there should be no min reg. for one day races as this dont make much money and going offline cost you race, but for tours there should be a minimum team should be added as much more wins and points and money, esp when tour ends, are up for grabs.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:38 am

Good morning/good afternoon,

I was very inactive the last couple of months and I still am. But I wonder why there is still no restriction against those 2-team-groups.

We all dont like it. It's boring, wins are mostly not worth anything etc.

If by rule, stage races just start with a minimum of 7 teams (example) - everyone knows that. So it's clear and no discussion weather it has to be canceled or not is needed. There is one problem for teams which want to play at 17h (example) and there are just 5 teams in at 16h, the team doesn't know what to do... hope for some more teams on the last min or think about another time if possible or take a shot at the one day races. This problem can be solved by the community - be open, early inscription, forum talk, whatever. In the end, IMO, the community has to decide what is better, stage races with sth like 2 teams or being open about the plans beforehand...

One more thing: Have you talked about a pre-inscription in the month before for the stage races? For example: Ask for the preferred times for the Giro in April. Make it ingame so that all active teams see it. Plus option: I will not ride the Giro...

Novo Banco - PT

Post by Novo Banco - PT » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:10 pm

luques

Post by luques » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:32 pm

sgumgub wrote:
High Flyer wrote:Without saying, atleast we can say that the whole hysteria about 4 parallel tours and one days races having tiny registration was wrong. It wasn't so bad, of course there are a few 3 or 4 man races / tours buts overall 6 or 7 man races can still work out pretty good. I think there is a perfect combo between tours and one days races, and this was risky, but overall quite good.
agreed...but I still cant believe that they did not cancel the 2teams Dubai edition^^
Online: 0

Offline: 2
MG Technogym(123)
Team Viromet(124)
I mean for real...this is sad to look at. Absolutely no grasp for that decision
To be honest, I perfectly agree with you. In the past various times I said that for me tours with less than 4 people should not even start. But last time that this has been done in Guadalupe, it produced these results:

1) One of the players who played there is still complaining now that the tour has been cancelled from time to time.

2) The cancellation of that tour leaded to the opening of two post, the most important however is this one viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5149 , where at the end the best option seemed to be to ask the partecipants. And that has been applied now as both players wanted to play the tour.

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:53 pm

I wouldn't complain if you continue cancelling tours with 3 or less teams participating. I consider it unfair that "you" (in that case it was poke) cancelled Guadalupe while now "you" do nothing against it.
I even wrote some suggestions for future situations, which were totally ignored and the thread was closed.
And as long as no one apologizes and admits that it was a mistake to cancel the tour while stage 1 was ongoing, I will remind you each and every time a tour with 3 or less participants occurs.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:15 pm

CircleCycle wrote:I wouldn't complain if you continue cancelling tours with 3 or less teams participating. I consider it unfair that "you" (in that case it was poke) cancelled Guadalupe while now "you" do nothing against it.
While before tours were cancel without any complaining

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:41 pm

then there should be a clear line - cancel or not cancel, and stick with it.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:54 pm

CircleCycle wrote:then there should be a clear line - cancel or not cancel, and stick with it.
No, need time to create something which can automatically avoid it

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:57 pm

A ban for Pokemon woud avoid Pokemon deleting Tours.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Robyklebt wrote:A ban for Pokemon woud avoid Pokemon deleting Tours.
Cool like that I won't have to draw anymore !

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:23 am

You don't have to anyway.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

luques

Post by luques » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
CircleCycle wrote:then there should be a clear line - cancel or not cancel, and stick with it.
No, need time to create something which can automatically avoid it
Both true. Actually the "line" was redefined since that tour and the discussion that there was after. Maybe it is something that could be asked in a poll.

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:57 pm

It may sound stupid, but between 2 and 3 Teams I see a HUGE difference to be honest. 2 Should just as 1 simply not be possible, period. Even if both say its ok.
As soon as 3 are in, interests can clash and everything is more open.

If you make the cut at 3, 4 or 5 then doesnt seem to be that important anymore even tho I could easily live with any of those :) Everything above that would probably be too much and wont even be discussed

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:52 pm

NC: Complaint for next time. New management, and seems took over the weird Leso idea. Which is: Don't offer any in the morning. Why? Why start the RSF day at 12 on NC day? For years the morning gets everything every day, except the NC. Where's the logic? Ok, leso doesn't want to get up so early, since it's usually buggy.

Late now, a reshuffle not ideal, but for the next NC: Start them at 9, or 10 at the latest.

Ok, other thing, very weird, I count 14 NCs at 13h?? But only 4 at 14. ??? Is that wanted?
Anyway, start at 9 for the next time, less at the same time is better anyway.

luques

Post by luques » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Robyklebt wrote:NC: Complaint for next time. New management, and seems took over the weird Leso idea. Which is: Don't offer any in the morning. Why? Why start the RSF day at 12 on NC day? For years the morning gets everything every day, except the NC. Where's the logic? Ok, leso doesn't want to get up so early, since it's usually buggy.

Late now, a reshuffle not ideal, but for the next NC: Start them at 9, or 10 at the latest.

Ok, other thing, very weird, I count 14 NCs at 13h?? But only 4 at 14. ??? Is that wanted?
Anyway, start at 9 for the next time, less at the same time is better anyway.
Yes noticed that just after generating. Actually it is not human input but a program that generates all races and puts them in random time. Never noticed actually in the past that everything started after 12.

It is something that may be corrected for the next one in June.

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:34 pm

whats up with bordeaux tomorrow? Pls clarify :D