March 2016

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Pokemon Club

Re: March 2016

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:03 pm

hum leso for Dwars there is no cobbles at km 120, and the cobbles at km 141 should be on the 6% at km 142

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:20 pm

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... nen=gw2016
Well, I am not a big fan of the design, it probably needs some adjustment

luques

Post by luques » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:37 pm

A first look to Strade Bianche:

Some major changes. All the pavè has been reduced to 1*, only the sections of Monte Sante Marie (last year was a 5***** for Gazzetta) and Colle Pinzuto (last year was 4****) have 2**.

Also the finish changed a lot with a +6 vs the +5 +1 of the last year. Also Le Tolfe following Coroncina advices and Gazzetta Garibaldi became a +5 while last year was almost flat.

The distance is much shorter than last year 176km vs 200km.

--------------------

Leso on 02-03 there was also Trofej Umag, with the same track of last year, if you still have it you can propose it later in this month.

Coroncina2

Post by Coroncina2 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:09 pm

E bravo Lucky Luck.
Quoto in pieno. Sterro scorrevole (quasi meglio di certe strade asfaltate piene di buche e dissestate), giusto cambiare le pendenze. Ok il gioco considera la media del km ma non aveva senso appiattire saliscendi con pendenze oltre il 15%.
Mens sana in corpore sano

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:04 am

luques wrote:A first look to Strade Bianche:

Some major changes. All the pavè has been reduced to 1*, only the sections of Monte Sante Marie (last year was a 5***** for Gazzetta) and Colle Pinzuto (last year was 4****) have 2**.

Also the finish changed a lot with a +6 vs the +5 +1 of the last year. Also Le Tolfe following Coroncina advices and Gazzetta Garibaldi became a +5 while last year was almost flat.

--------------------

Leso on 02-03 there was also Trofej Umag, with the same track of last year, if you still have it you can propose it later in this month.
can I put Strade Bianche online ?

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:35 pm

If mintacts are good for you you can post PN leso

luques

Post by luques » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:00 pm

lesossies wrote:

--------------------

can I put Strade Bianche online ?
Sure!

Today and tomorrow I correct Tirreno put IS and GPM and you can put it online ;)

Freudenfeuer

Post by Freudenfeuer » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Wann sind die Touren online?
bergwerk: Freude is a "Spielverderber" ... i dont know the english word for that ... a gamekiller?

gary moore rocks..............

Rasmussen

Post by Rasmussen » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:38 pm

2 Things about Paris - Nice.

You forgot the 2 Mountains in stage one. There are two categorie 3 climbs. And I think 1* for the dirt road is enough like in Strade Bianche.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Rasmussen wrote:2 Things about Paris - Nice.

You forgot the 2 Mountains in stage one. There are two categorie 3 climbs. And I think 1* for the dirt road is enough like in Strade Bianche.
We can't put the GPM and pave th same km, and I am not a big fan of GPM in downhill. And I think the dirty road deserve **.

luques

Post by luques » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:06 pm

I am modifying a bit Tirreno with GPM, IS and last kms data from official website

Stage 1, same as last year

Stage 2

Stage 3:

Stage 4:

Stage 5:

Stage 6:

Stage 7: Same as last year

katiki

Post by katiki » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:08 am

you could change the hours of Tirreno because 20h 19h reasonably late is better, I think, I think other teams that want
Champion de Belgique 2016
Strade Bianche 2017
Profronde van Drenthe 2017
Handzame Classic 2017
E3 Harelbeke 2017
Vlaanderen Mooiste 2017
Scheldeprijs 2017

katiki

Post by katiki » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:16 pm

20H is late 19h is better
Champion de Belgique 2016
Strade Bianche 2017
Profronde van Drenthe 2017
Handzame Classic 2017
E3 Harelbeke 2017
Vlaanderen Mooiste 2017
Scheldeprijs 2017

luques

Post by luques » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:11 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Seeing the real race, the riders in front, and comparing to the races here, on RSF: *** would have been a better compromise.
#maybe4nextyear
If we put *** for Strade Bianche then Paris Roubaix should be from *** to ******** minimum.
Strade Bianche it is an unusual race, a lot depends on form of each rider and each year there is a surprise winner.

Maybe we can raise something at **, but more then ** for me is a joke, there are roads there that are better then some asphalted road in Italy ;)

luques

Post by luques » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Idéfix wrote:
luques wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Seeing the real race, the riders in front, and comparing to the races here, on RSF: *** would have been a better compromise.
#maybe4nextyear
If we put *** for Strade Bianche then Paris Roubaix should be from *** to ******** minimum.
Strade Bianche it is an unusual race, a lot depends on form of each rider and each year there is a surprise winner.

Maybe we can raise something at **, but more then ** for me is a joke, there are roads there that are better then some asphalted road in Italy ;)
But RSF race is more for Vuillermoz / Joaquim Rodriguez, whereas real race you see Cancellara, Stybar, Sagan, Van Avermaet...
Clearly the RSF race has roads less selective than the real... Moreover, the ** are very far from the finish.
And if you don't see the difference between *** and *****, I see it. And it's huge. That doesn't shock me to see those italian tracks with ***...
It's a question of balance. White roads are less selective then pavè whatever pavè you want. If at the moment you put Strade Bianche as 3***, you can't have in Paris Roubaix a sector with less then 3***.
In real race you also see Nibali, Valverde, Fuglsang.
In some races almost a climber won but in some others like in the afternoon it went just like in reality with a classic attacking at the right moment and take it at home (see race at 14h).

If we want to stay close to reality a ** is enough imo. Anyway I let the belgian expert of pavè debate of what should be a White Road.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:01 pm

luques wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
luques wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
#maybe4nextyear

But RSF race is more for Vuillermoz / Joaquim Rodriguez, whereas real race you see Cancellara, Stybar, Sagan, Van Avermaet...
Clearly the RSF race has roads less selective than the real... Moreover, the ** are very far from the finish.
And if you don't see the difference between *** and *****, I see it. And it's huge. That doesn't shock me to see those italian tracks with ***...
It's a question of balance. White roads are less selective then pavè whatever pavè you want. If at the moment you put Strade Bianche as 3***, you can't have in Paris Roubaix a sector with less then 3***.
In real race you also see Nibali, Valverde, Fuglsang.
In some races almost a climber won but in some others like in the afternoon it went just like in reality with a classic attacking at the right moment and take it at home (see race at 14h).

If we want to stay close to reality a ** is enough imo. Anyway I let the belgian expert of pavè debate of what should be a White Road.
It is already complicate with pave, even more with dirty road. I am pretty sure that if 10 guys draw their version of Strade Bianche we will have 10 versions totally different. Me for example I thiink that we need the 5/1 instead of the 6% in the final. This 6% eliminate automatically too much riders for the win before the start of the race and make it less interesting I think.
And concerning paves, maybe it could be nice if weather has a real influence on it on the game, give them +0.5* or +1* when there is light rain and +1* or +2* when there is hard rain.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:09 pm

And problem with 1* is that it makes no selection between riders, so if someone thinks cobbles/white road/dirty road/ribins can have an influence to eliminate the weakest guys looks normal to put ** instead of *

luques

Post by luques » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Leso I corrected a bit Tirreno putting IS, GPM and fixing the last kms of every stage with correct %.

You can put it online.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:And problem with 1* is that it makes no selection between riders, so if someone thinks cobbles/white road/dirty road/ribins can have an influence to eliminate the weakest guys looks normal to put ** instead of *
I agree with that.
Yesterday, I tried to sieb on 2** with strong rain, with a 83 pavé rider full of power and with decent form, and even climbers with 58 pavé could hold...

Really, Luques, I agree it's a question of balance. The balance, according to what happened on RSF races and on real races, was not good this year. For me, ** should replace * and *** replace **. For next year maybe ;-)
After don't forget that it isn't all flat too =)

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:06 pm

De Panne :
Last edited by Pokemon Club on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

luques

Post by luques » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:28 pm

I still think that this:

Can't be equal to this:

Even the right part where there is not pavè is more disconnected then White Roads.

So if we should have a bit of coherence we should move sectors as Orchies 1*up.

At the end agree that probably a +6 is too much, the last km could even be 1*.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:03 pm

luques wrote:I still think that this:

Can't be equal to this:

Even the right part where there is not pavè is more disconnected then White Roads.

So if we should have a bit of coherence we should move sectors as Orchies 1*up.

At the end agree that probably a +6 is too much, the last km could even be 1*.
I think you make 1 mistake in your reflexion (as 99% of the game probably), it is that you want to compare white road with pave while it is 2 differents things who shouldn't be compare. It is true that we have only one variable but both, pave and WR, and both can make difference, but not for the same reasons IMO. For me looks sure that WR can't deserve **** or *****. But some WR sectors are way longer than cobbles sectors, and it probably affects riders for who it becomes more and more difficultt to stay in their peloton/groups. Moreover white roads don't looks really large, it makes the placement more difficult so and you can even imagine to up WR notation because of that too. And if it rains, it surely make this WR really hard too.
Just to say that Strade Bianche can be adapt in a lot of ways, as for flemish races, and else if I have my personal preference, I don't think that X or Y are wrong, it is just really complex to deal with all factors and find a good balance between the game and the reality for this kind of races.

luques

Post by luques » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:47 pm

GP Oran 08/03

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:35 pm

There're only italians peoples who think white roads are equal to cobbles... :)

luques

Post by luques » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:18 am

NicoVanarlo wrote:There're only italians peoples who think white roads are equal to cobbles... :)
Nobody said they are equal, don't know where you got it.

A Coro spiegagli tu ai francesi che le ste Strade Bianche qui son più scorrevoli della Salerno Reggio :lol: