September 2012

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

lesossies
Site Admin

Re: September 2012

Post by lesossies » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:38 pm

a 6-8 days tour in the World-championship hole is not the worst solution, I find.

WC at 18.09 and a tour from 19.09 on
or a tour from 17.09 till 22.09 and the WC at 23.09 were good alternatives too

Hokkaido has a good tradition by RSF, why not in Japan if they cancel a lot of races and tours in Europe.

For Paris Bruxelles: I wanted to design it, I have the coords but the helling don´t seem to correspond .... I look after

Bear

Post by Bear » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:39 pm

"Not the worst solution" - Sounds not very positive.

What are your arguments FOR a fantasy tour in September? Big competition in one day races? Probably not. So what else?

I am so tired of this stupid 5-7 team groups in one day races (including classics). For me its not fun. But if you want to make this game to a "which-team-has-the-most-money-game" - go ahead and make the races more boring...

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Today's Hokkaido cycling cup, 15h, 2 different races (Div1-6 and div 6-7, I guess?)

The main race (div 1-6) has 9 teams... And the newbie race 42, thus 2 groups. :?
Every team with at least some (non-idiotic) activity finishes with 2-3 riders in the top 15. Do you need to give that much money away ?
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:41 am

NoPikouze wrote:Today's Hokkaido cycling cup, 15h, 2 different races (Div1-6 and div 6-7, I guess?)

The main race (div 1-6) has 9 teams... And the newbie race 42, thus 2 groups. :?
Every team with at least some (non-idiotic) activity finishes with 2-3 riders in the top 15. Do you need to give that much money away ?
9 teams - 2-3 riders top 15 ?
9 x 3 = 27 or 15/9 = 1,6.... normal

I don´t understand what you mean

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:48 am

Bear wrote:"Not the worst solution" - Sounds not very positive.

What are your arguments FOR a fantasy tour in September? Big competition in one day races? Probably not. So what else?

I am so tired of this stupid 5-7 team groups in one day races (including classics). For me its not fun. But if you want to make this game to a "which-team-has-the-most-money-game" - go ahead and make the races more boring...
"not the worst" comes just after "the best"...
A (fantasy or not) tour is what much players want, if there is no tour they dont ride and have no fun
In the time between 17.09 and 25.09 there are no important races in the real calendar... It is a competition hole (like in the winter time) I can/must full.

Bear

Post by Bear » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:29 am

"not the worst" comes just after "the best"...
Really? I thought its just slightly better than worse :roll:

In the time between 17.09 and 25.09 there are no important races in the real calendar..
...because of the world championship!

Ok, you want to give many players a tour who just ride stage races, that's a reason I can understand. But what about the players who want to ride one day races in good competition? During the last months we had a lot of stage races, and unfortunately, a lot of one day races with 5-7 teams too. So, why its a problem to have ONE week without a tour, when almost the entire year is full of stage races and one day races with less teams get more and more...

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 am

lesossies wrote:
NoPikouze wrote:Today's Hokkaido cycling cup, 15h, 2 different races (Div1-6 and div 6-7, I guess?)

9 teams - 2-3 riders top 15 ?
9 x 3 = 27 or 15/9 = 1,6.... normal

I don´t understand what you mean
Interesting to argue with someone who responds like a jerk in the first place... But ok.
01. 00:00:00 Stefano Benni (Team FL)
02. 00:00:00 Dalibor Galovec (SM Team)
03. 00:00:00 Roger Marley (Bahnfahrer)
04. 00:00:00 Osman Nurseli (Pitbulls)
05. 00:00:00 Franck Lagarde (Auxilium Torino)
06. 00:00:00 PerGunnar Tverendahl (SM Team)
07. 00:00:00 Fernand Delle (Renault Gitane)
08. 00:00:02 Xaver Unsinn (Team FL)
09. 00:00:02 Aidan Kelly (Team Hunsrueck)
10. 00:00:02 Aimo Koivonen (rastullah)
11. 00:00:02 Soeren Falkvinge (Team Hunsrueck)
12. 00:00:08 Larry Bird (Auxilium Torino)
13. 00:00:30 Max Bergmann (rastullah)
14. 00:00:30 Luka Subasic (Team Hunsrueck)
15. 00:00:30 Jon Arbuckle (SM Team)
Count it yourself if you prefer...

Anyway now I cant see the detail of the races anymore... And it's the most extreme exemple of the day which isnt really meaningful.

Based on my experience and probabilities
Real race: 9 teams, 1-2 usual offliners, 1-2 usual bad managers (or managers without classic-riders), then you have around 5-7 teams for the top 15 places. Some with 1 and some with 3, obviously.

In the "newbie" races: 20 teams, 5-7 offliners, 5 really bad teams or managers... Less than 10 competitive teams. Amongst them, 1-3 teams with better riders as all the others. They have easily 2-3 riders in the top 15-20.

My point is: Is this what you want ? People earning 80-100k in every shitrace, mostly by lack of competition ?

I believe when I began RSF, I was pretty happy to have my leader in the top 10 of a race. Back then, the difficulty was perhaps a bit too high (less people, less races, everything was more concentrated). But now, it looks like you're just giving everybody the money. Especially the D6-7 teams. But also the D1 teams who ride every day against 5 other teams (and that's also boring for them, as some are trying to tell you...).
And what is the interest of the D6-7 race in this situation ? 2 years ago it made sense, no problem. But now ? Try an explanation on this point.

Result: guys like AVC Hamburg who make a couple of farmteams, earn some easy money and recruit all the good youth riders from the transfer market.
Transfer market which has, if I remember well, a limited amount of riders available supposed to match the amount of teams. And also free prices in the auctions, so the riders can be easily overpaid by those farmteams against which there is never any sanction.

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Difficult to take these races in July-August as a basis for changes.
In these months we have every year the problem that we have a lot of offliners and unexperienced teams.
With the fact this august that we had a lot of parallel tours (Vuelta, Portugal, Danmark and USA).

The calendar for the next months will not be such overflooded like this one, but I will let the Div6 races because they need a protected area if they want it.

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I had no details about spint and mountain points, so I did it myself.
If you have more informations or critics, sent them .

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Ha, agree with leso on the D6-7 races (generally) But don't see why he had to explain why they are needed now... if anything would be interesting to know why Pik thinks they were ok 2 years ago but not now?

But of course leso seems to have missed the most important part of Piks post... the one about AVC... hihi, tell your boss (Buhmann) to visit the fairness forum one of these days.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:42 pm

lesossies wrote: Image
Mmh, leso, the 2 for me looks very much like a tunnel, just from looking at the profile. Short search had only one result, my neck hurts from holding my head in a strange position trying to read their stupid map.... But looks very much like a tunnel to me.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:56 pm

lesossies wrote:The calendar for the next months will not be such overflooded like this one, but I will let the Div6 races because they need a protected area if they want it.
Robyklebt wrote:Ha, agree with leso on the D6-7 races (generally) But don't see why he had to explain why they are needed now... if anything would be interesting to know why Pik thinks they were ok 2 years ago but not now?
They were made, and still needed according to leso, for what ? I believe it's Buhmann who said that he wanted to allow new teams to earn some money.

But yes, you're right. The problem is not at all the D6-7 races actually. Who cares? And it's not really a problem anyway.
The real topic is the prize-money! It has to be changed (By making the salary-cap higher! and also reducing the money for the worthless places). You are right! :)

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
lesossies wrote: Image
Mmh, leso, the 2 for me looks very much like a tunnel, just from looking at the profile. Short search had only one result, my neck hurts from holding my head in a strange position trying to read their stupid map.... But looks very much like a tunnel to me.
great work Roby !
it realy seems to be a tunnel ... on the National Hyghway near Lake Chuzenji .
THX

schokolade

Post by schokolade » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:28 pm

wann kann man im rennkalender die touren sehen??? ich seh da derzeit nichtmal 1 tour... und nicht alle wissen wie auch die beschaffenheit der touren ist. und auch im forum konnte ich mal die streckenführung der tour of britain nirgends finden.... wäre nett um antwort bzw das die strecken im rennkalander auch sichtbar sind.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm

schokolade wrote:wann kann man im rennkalender die touren sehen??? ich seh da derzeit nichtmal 1 tour... und nicht alle wissen wie auch die beschaffenheit der touren ist. und auch im forum konnte ich mal die streckenführung der tour of britain nirgends finden.... wäre nett um antwort bzw das die strecken im rennkalander auch sichtbar sind.
Sobald sie gezeichnet sind. Wenn sie nicht vor Monatsende fertig werden bleibt immer noch die Möglichkeit sich die Rennen auf der Homepage des realen Veranstalters anzusehen um einen Eindruck davon zu bekommen welche Fahrer man brauchen könnte.

schokolade

Post by schokolade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:43 am

ich hab nun mal google gefragt und war dann auf der offi seite von dieser britain tour. leider sieht man da nur aufnahmen aus der luft. aber das richtige streckenprofil konnte ich da nicht endecken. die höhe der berge die ankünfte ect. das ist für nicht profis schon arg schwer das zu erkennen... es geht einfach auch darum evt seine form zu legen auf gewisse tage.... ob man sich die rennpunkte frei hällt um an der tour teilzunehmen und all solche sachen...

und auch wir halb radler würden das gern vorm monats anfang mal haben :(

hoffe das heute evt die profile mal eingestellt werden können oder zumindest ihr evt seiten posten könnt wo man die profile auch einsehen kann (vor allem km zahl und höhe und wertungen) damit man zumindest ein bischen ein überblick hat.

wen schon die "routenmaler" nicht rechtzeitig vor monats ende fertig werden (ist kein vorwurf ich stell mir sowas schwer vor aber trotzdem ist es halt nicht schön das sie 10 tage vor beginn noch nicht bei rsf zu sehen ist)

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:30 am

Die Tour of Britain hat wohl die übersichtlichste Webseite überhaupt. Dort keine Profile zu finden ist ja schon fast unmöglich.

-> http://www.tourofbritain.com/_ns_race/

Bitteschön, auch wenn mans dir eigentlich nicht noch vor die Nase werfen sollte.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

schokolade

Post by schokolade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 am

team fl wrote:Die Tour of Britain hat wohl die übersichtlichste Webseite überhaupt. Dort keine Profile zu finden ist ja schon fast unmöglich.

Bitteschön, auch wenn mans dir eigentlich nicht noch vor die Nase werfen sollte.

wo bitte sieht man da ein profil wie es bei rsf angeboten wird. wo man die berge auch sieht und nicht nur langweilige zahlen und aufnahmen vom sateliten??

also ich find auf der seite kein profil wo man wirklich sieht wie die einzelnen etappen "gebaut" sind.... und selbst auf view map stage sieht man nur nen scheiß bild von oben! aber keine berge keine % ect und sowas ist wichtig -.-*

für viele wäre es evt auch wichtig solche sachen vor dem monats ende zu haben... das man die form auch ordentlich legen kann..... aber es kommt ja immer häufgier vor das touren nicht vorm monats wechsel auf dem rennkalender sind. und somit nur die wirklichen radsport profis sich die form auf evt spät auftauchende touren legen können!

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:27 pm

schokolade wrote:
team fl wrote:Die Tour of Britain hat wohl die übersichtlichste Webseite überhaupt. Dort keine Profile zu finden ist ja schon fast unmöglich.

wo bitte sieht man da ein profil wie es bei rsf angeboten wird. wo man die berge auch sieht und nicht nur langweilige zahlen und aufnahmen vom sateliten??

also ich find auf der seite kein profil wo man wirklich sieht wie die einzelnen etappen "gebaut" sind.... und selbst auf view map stage sieht man nur nen scheiß bild von oben! aber keine berge keine % ect und sowas ist wichtig -.-*

für viele wäre es evt auch wichtig solche sachen vor dem monats ende zu haben... das man die form auch ordentlich legen kann..... aber es kommt ja immer häufgier vor das touren nicht vorm monats wechsel auf dem rennkalender sind. und somit nur die wirklichen radsport profis sich die form auf evt spät auftauchende touren legen können!

Also ich hab die sehr schönen Profile ohne Probleme für jede Etappe auf der Webseite gefunden. Aber mehr helfe ich nicht... Und da brauchen doch keine genauen Prozente zu stehen um mit ein wenig Vorstellungsvermögen abschätzen zu können, wie die Etappe beschaffen ist.
Last edited by team fl on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woddeltown Team

Post by Woddeltown Team » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Mhh mal sehen: ne Karte, nen Profil, ne Roadmap....alles da....
wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil. :lol:

Und wenn du die genauen RSF-Profile suchst, dann solltest du mal anfangen zu designen :roll:

Let's have a look: map, profile, roadmap...everything is there where it belongs.
The one who can read is obviusly in advantage. :lol:

And if you want to have a look at the RSF-profiles, you should begin with designing yourself. :roll:
www.strandpiraten-radio.de DAS Fanradio vom EHC Timmendorfer Strand

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Telling him to climb up the roof of his house and jump would be much better, but that's just my opinion :geek:

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Btw: Does anyone* know what kind of stage race is planned for 19 to 25 September ? And why the WC is now set for the real date and not as planned for 18 September?

*vgl. NoPikouze (2012)
Last edited by team fl on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:49 pm

It's not the realistic date, it's the real date. (I think, haven't actually checked)

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Robyklebt wrote:It's not the realistic date, it's the real date. (I think, haven't actually checked)
Thanks to Mr. Grammar Ape.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:15 pm

It's not a grammar problem.