Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Pokemon Club

Re: February 2017

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:46 pm

Hunsrueck

Post by Hunsrueck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:54 pm

Ruta del Sol.
On the website there are no exact indications. Think most of it fits and should come very close to the oroginal ;)

Stage1

Stage2

Stage3

Stage4

Stage5

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:19 am

Because I have been very curious about it, I made some attendance statistics for the first two days in February, and a couple of things seem to be interesting:

- On day one there were 44 Teams signed up for races. 24 for Dubai and 20 for the one day race (ODR). In General it was a pretty bad attendance. ODR max was 6 at 18h while the Dubai Edition at 18h only has 2 Teams signed up:

- Contrary to day one, day two had 100 (!) signings for races! more than duble the number than the day before. Most of These teams have been racing stage races obviously and with pretty decent coverage. So on day two, we've had 4 Editions with 10 or more Teams: Besseges 10h, Dubai 14h, Dubai 21h and Herald Sun Tour 23h. In the meantime, no ODR was over 8 Teams.

- One day races coverage has been pretty bad during the firsts two days of February. No Group had more than 8 Teams with an average number of 5.4 Teams per group.

- Stage races have so far an average number of 8.6 teams per group.

=> Looking at the numbers (that don't say anything about user satifsfaction of course), this system works okay for stage races, although certain editions seem to suffer, while the one day races participation is pretty low. But that has been the case in other situations with only two parallel tours as well.

A good question is though, why was the participation number from 1 February so low (44) and more than doubled on 2 February? Was just everybody waiting for the tours? Looks weird somehow.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:58 am

team fl wrote:A good question is though, why was the participation number from 1 February so low (44) and more than doubled on 2 February? Was just everybody waiting for the tours? Looks weird somehow.
Good post...one possible reason...a good amount of teams at the moment don't have soo many "spare riders", means their number of riders is limited - so they didn't want to use riders on a day before a tour to have them fresh at the start of the tour...or..some teams used some riders at the "hilly race" the day before and just needed the additional restday
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:24 pm

team fl wrote: - On day one there were 44 Teams signed up for races. 24 for Dubai and 20 for the one day race (ODR). In General it was a pretty bad attendance. ODR max was 6 at 18h while the Dubai Edition at 18h only has 2 Teams signed up:
Looks you mix the days.
The 31.01 when Dubai start there is 24 Dubai + 48 ODR so 72 teams.
The 01.02 when Besseges / Herald Sun / Valencia start there is 17 Besseges + 23 Herald Sun + 13 Valencia + 20 ODR + 24 Dubai so 97 teams.
The 02.02 23 teams in total for the ODR so there was 100 teams.

Anyway I have the stats since the start of the year if you want to go further.
The participation in one day race is really bad each time there is more than 1 tour the same day.
In the other side the day where there is only one day race looks there is way less people who play.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
team fl wrote: - On day one there were 44 Teams signed up for races. 24 for Dubai and 20 for the one day race (ODR). In General it was a pretty bad attendance. ODR max was 6 at 18h while the Dubai Edition at 18h only has 2 Teams signed up:
Looks you mix the days.
The 01.02 when Besseges / Herald Sun / Valencia start there is 17 Besseges + 23 Herald Sun + 13 Valencia + 20 ODR + 24 Dubai so 97 teams.

The participation in one day race is really bad each time there is more than 1 tour the same day.
In the other side the day where there is only one day race looks there is way less people who play.

Hihi, yes, mixed it up a bit. Anyway, it seems the main findings have not been affected by that.

For me it's clear why there are more Teams in stage races: You don't have to be online every day, while you have to be for the online race (at least to sign up). So racing a one day race every day requires activity every day, while racing a stage race for 7 days only requires activity for one or two days not to be kicked out.

But the difference from 31 January to 1 February (still more than the double amout of teams) is still baffeling a bit to me. That would mean that stage races attract not even more Players (that is obvious because of the advantes, Point and Money wise) but much much more players. than one day races, which would support the current solution for February. Writing that, it's only the comparison of two days...
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

High Flyer

Post by High Flyer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:43 pm

7.25 teams for ODR today average, 5.75 yesterday, 9.6 on day before flat ish tours on 31st, I'm pretty sure the races tommorow ODR will drop from today. I just think that the flat races during tours have more interest than the hilly/mountain races as you can have a chance without wasting energy much easier. Maybe aim more flat races during tours will up the ODR count ( no bias :D )

luques

Post by luques » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:12 am

High Flyer wrote:7.25 teams for ODR today average, 5.75 yesterday, 9.6 on day before flat ish tours on 31st, I'm pretty sure the races tommorow ODR will drop from today. I just think that the flat races during tours have more interest than the hilly/mountain races as you can have a chance without wasting energy much easier. Maybe aim more flat races during tours will up the ODR count ( no bias :D )
Today is flat, just need to have someone who blocks the +5. Tomorrow Dubai will end so single races should integrate that players, moreover we are doing real races after all.

luques

Post by luques » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:18 am

team fl wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:
Looks you mix the days.

Hihi, yes, mixed it up a bit. Anyway, it seems the main findings have not been affected by that.

For me it's clear why there are more Teams in stage races: You don't have to be online every day, while you have to be for the online race (at least to sign up). So racing a one day race every day requires activity every day, while racing a stage race for 7 days only requires activity for one or two days not to be kicked out.

But the difference from 31 January to 1 February (still more than the double amout of teams) is still baffeling a bit to me. That would mean that stage races attract not even more Players (that is obvious because of the advantes, Point and Money wise) but much much more players. than one day races, which would support the current solution for February. Writing that, it's only the comparison of two days...
So watching all the data it seems to me that:

- The experiment after all was kind of good, clearly times can be improved here and there, but gave us the indication that as long as you keep maximum field to 9 you can insert as many tours you want.

- Seems that this game to run good needs to have always a tour running. It attracts more players, and more players there are on the game and more the game becomes funny.

Don't know what others think.

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Because tours are $$$
But pleeeeease, do something against this 2-3 teams tours. As far as I see Guadalupe with 3 teams was the only one which got cancelled immediately (=during stage 1!) on demand of ChartreuseMonks. And clearly it shouldn't be "if 100% of participating teams want to ride the tour, it stays".

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:48 pm

luques wrote:
team fl wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:
Looks you mix the days.

- The experiment after all was kind of good, clearly times can be improved here and there, but gave us the indication that as long as you keep maximum field to 9 you can insert as many tours you want.

- Seems that this game to run good needs to have always a tour running. It attracts more players, and more players there are on the game and more the game becomes funny.

Yet IT had been refused to Put one Tour into week 2 :roll:

luques

Post by luques » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:01 pm

sgumgub wrote:
I don't see how this is referred to what was written before. Especially because the numbers are good, just look back at Iberica and Pavè for example. Just 2 tours in parallel, and worse number of partecipants.

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:16 pm

luques wrote:
sgumgub wrote:
I don't see how this is referred to what was written before. Especially because the numbers are good, just look back at Iberica and Pavè for example. Just 2 tours in parallel, and worse number of partecipants.
luques wrote: - Seems that this game to run good needs to have always a tour running. It attracts more players, and more players there are on the game and more the game becomes funny.

luques

Post by luques » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:46 pm

sgumgub wrote:
luques wrote:
sgumgub wrote:
luques wrote: - Seems that this game to run good needs to have always a tour running. It attracts more players, and more players there are on the game and more the game becomes funny.
And? I see a Tour in week 1, week 2, week 3 and week 4.

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:58 pm

luques wrote:
sgumgub wrote:
luques wrote:
sgumgub wrote:
And? I see a Tour in week 1, week 2, week 3 and week 4.
oh, then pardon me. Im blind, sorry

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:59 pm

I dont see a tour in week2? Am I really blind?

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Anyway you want a tour but for what ?

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:Anyway you want a tour but for what ?
Are you trolling me?

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:12 pm

sgumgub wrote:
Are you trolling me?
No time and no form for that. It is just that except to see that you want a tour, I don't see why

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
sgumgub wrote:
Are you trolling me?
No time and no form for that. It is just that except to see that you want a tour, I don't see why
did you read anything above? I never said I want a tour. Just read ;)

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:05 pm

sgumgub wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:
sgumgub wrote:
Are you trolling me?
did you read anything above? I never said I want a tour. Just read ;)

You talk about the fact there is no tours. But you know that Qatar and Mediterraneenne was finally cancel for financial/security reasons, and luques would put Costa Rica in that place but that finally it was recently move in June. So why you continue talking about that except that you want absolutely a tour at this date ?

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:58 pm

sgumgub wrote:
luques wrote:
sgumgub wrote:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:31 pm

luques wrote:
team fl wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:
Looks you mix the days.

I think one week in February isn't really representative :D
But ok, since your findings don't seem to contradict anything we thought before (well, the "no more than 9 thing", we'll talk about that in March...)
Interesting would be how it compares to 2016 so far.....
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

High Flyer

Post by High Flyer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:10 pm

Without saying, atleast we can say that the whole hysteria about 4 parallel tours and one days races having tiny registration was wrong. It wasn't so bad, of course there are a few 3 or 4 man races / tours buts overall 6 or 7 man races can still work out pretty good. I think there is a perfect combo between tours and one days races, and this was risky, but overall quite good.

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:30 pm

High Flyer wrote:Without saying, atleast we can say that the whole hysteria about 4 parallel tours and one days races having tiny registration was wrong. It wasn't so bad, of course there are a few 3 or 4 man races / tours buts overall 6 or 7 man races can still work out pretty good. I think there is a perfect combo between tours and one days races, and this was risky, but overall quite good.
agreed...but I still cant believe that they did not cancel the 2teams Dubai edition^^
Online: 0

Offline: 2
MG Technogym(123)
Team Viromet(124)
I mean for real...this is sad to look at. Absolutely no grasp for that decision