February 2013

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Astana

Re: February 2013

Post by Astana » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:32 am

changing the stage is bad. i won't say anything if it is just a little change in the middle of the stage, but here the whole end is changed, so that a completely different type of rider will win the stage, what has an very strong effect on the tactics of the teams at the whole tour and will change possible jersey-winners

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:13 am

Astana wrote:changing the stage is bad. i won't say anything if it is just a little change in the middle of the stage, but here the whole end is changed, so that a completely different type of rider will win the stage, what has an very strong effect on the tactics of the teams at the whole tour and will change possible jersey-winners
In my opinion, this stage has mainly an effect on the type of rider that can win that stage and a potential effect on green. But I also think that it won't chance the GC (and white), mountain classement or team classement. let's see the times:

10h: most probaly no effect on any classement winner but the stage winner.

15h: Charpentier will win green most probably. With the 6% at the end, Faikaifonu would have a decent chance to get it.

18h: Vernandez now pretty sure winning it. Otherwise, also other rider would have a chance to get it. Would be pretty open too.

21h: Dedekind will keep it quite surly.

23h: Oda would have made it most likely with the 6%, with the change he won't have a big chance.

=> almost no effect (on classements) for two times. 18h is not sure, 15h a bit and 23h strongly affected for green.

Now, the stage is like it is in reality at least (or at least very close to it). AND there still is the stage today for the classic sprinter to get a decent advantage against the sprinters. The biggest odd I see is for the teams, that came up with their 70-70 with 70 sprint who counted on their chance at the last stage or the teams that left their sprinters at home because of the 6%.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Astana

Post by Astana » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 pm

at 15.00 it will be open who will be open who will green. But its more a principle thing:to change a stage at a short tour so that the type of rider who will win the stage change, so that the lineup would be different, is a bad idea. Ok, there were a mistake at the creating of the stage at the first time, but change it during the tour? Aboslutly inappropriate. If we can't trust anymore, that the stages which are in the calendar are correct, when we start the tour, how far will this go? has each and everyone to go the homepage of the tour and look to every km of the profiles at there own to know the right profile? Think a little bit about legitimate expectation!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 pm

team fl wrote:The biggest odd I see is for the teams, that came up with their 70-70 with 70 sprint who counted on their chance at the last stage or the teams that left their sprinters at home because of the 6%.
I want the win and the money for the 3rd stage I should have win normally so.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:30 pm

It is not like the stage was changed because of pure arbitrariness. It was changed because it was designed wrong, because the real profile of this stage is different to what r taka offered in his design. That was the reason leso changed the stage. This happens not very often as you maybe experienced yourself.

I am not here to defend anything or say it was right or wrong. But thinks like "Ifwe can't trust anymore (...)" are also kind of "inappropriate", I think. And I am sure leso took into consideration how the change will affect the tour outcome, esp. the GC. When you ask "how far will this go" then you imply what exactly? That every second tour will be changed? Come on. This is one case. This game is over 6 years old... be fair.

And finally: Yes. If each and everyone would participate more in the calender discussion and have a short look at the profiles of a tour, we would not debate about the current situation in the first place, most probably. A bit more interest would help for sure. This game is for freaks at last. :P

Astana

Post by Astana » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:03 pm

ok, perhaps i was a little bit to dramatic, but its not good to change it, even if it was drawed wrong.most of the teams will notice the changed at the day of the changed stage, because not everyone is at the forum all the time read the news. and because it will have a big effect on the riding of the teams, the team-nomination, etc. i think, it is better not to change stage during the tour

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:47 pm

I understand. It's pretty annyoing for some teams. So in the future things like this should be prevented by good preparatory work and the help of as many users as possible in the calender coordination and design check, incl. lazy me. Hopefully then, this will not happen again.

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:22 pm

team fl wrote:
23h: Oda would have made it most likely with the 6%, with the change he won't have a big chance.

ANTI Oda, ANTI ANTI ANTI .... pitty guy.

I (manager) am fine with the "new" design.

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Tulpengeneral<22:38>: Hi, can somebody post in the forum, that there is no single race at the 21st?

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:51 pm

still no race for 21st of February :?
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 am

@ Leso
Vielleicht liest du das ja frühzeitig. Kannst du nicht bei der 2. Etappe Langkawi den MinTakt nach hinten verschieben. Normale Flachetappe, 118km und MinTakt geht bei km 22 los, muss ja wirklich nicht sein, das kann man bei einem wichtigen Rennen machen aber hier eigentlich total unnötig

Avaya

Post by Avaya » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 pm

only 1 race at 26th? :(

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Avaya wrote:only 1 race at 26th? :(
2, with Langkawi

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Avaya wrote:only 1 race at 26th? :(
one race is enough...two races a day isn't standard
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour